Family life, (bbc)

John woke up, he felt drained as the sunlight hit his face. All he could re call was Rosie having a nightmare and waking them both up sometime after midnight, Sherlock went to go see her so john could get a bit more shut eye. The couple were both sleep deprived, both for very different reasons. John wanted to spend as much time with his family and still fund for them all by going to work, and sherlock attended cases till stupid o'clock in the morning.
The muffled sound of London was just audible as his senses gradually became more lively.

The doctor rolled over, he saw his 5 year old daughter and his lover curled up with their foreheads pressed together. Both of them were fast asleep, heavy bags were noticeable under Sherlocks eyes, while Rosie's face was littered with freckles. John couldn't help but smile at the sight. They were so content, John rolled onto his side, stretching a arm over both of them.

"John?" Sherlock whispered, his eyes still shut as he rested.
"Morning.." John smiled, gently stroking Sherlocks jaw.
"Is she still asleep?" The detectives eyelids clenched before flickering open.
"Definitely."
Sherlock let out a small sigh of relief, glad he didn't wake her. He gentle sat up, still letting the Rosie lean against him.
"You sleep alright?" Sherlock hummed, placing his head against the headboard.
"Better than usual, and you?" John gently massaged the top of his daughters head.
"Alright, Rosie was rather restless. We watch a episode of dr who before coming back to bed."
"Sher-" johns tone was obviously stern.
"I know I know, I tried to get her to sleep. But it's easier said than done." His voice trailed off as he reached for johns hand to cradle it. John hesitated to reply, incase he sounded angry.
"Just don't make me the mean parent." The older man chuckled, closing his eyes at the pleasant feeling of Sherlock massaging his hand.

A small yawn caught their attention as Rosie stretch out, awaking from her slumber. She looked up at them with a large goofy smile.
"Mornin' daddies!"'she yawned rolling onto her stomach.
"Morning Princess." John smiled, tickling her cheek gently. She squirmed slightly before turning to the brunet and pressing her hair forcefully against his chest. He choked slightly at the sudden impact staring down at the girl confused.
"What's up, sweetie?" He hummed, picking her head back up.
"Can you do my hair again? Daddy's useless." She scrambled to her knees. John just opened his mouth in sarcastic shock.
"Not with that attitude, give your dad a hug and I'll think about it." The younger man raised his eyebrows, which was a immediate order to do it. She practically fell onto her father wrapping her arms around his neck and planting many kisses over his cheeks.
"Gosh!" John gasped, gently tickling her ribs making her fall into his chests.
"Daddy!" She cried in laughter, before sticking her tongue out at him.

"How about we save this till after nursery? come on love. I'll do your hair."
The girl took no time to hurry over to sherlock. John followed, whispering in his lovers ear,
"When were you ever able to do hair, all these years you made me suffer with YouTube tutorials?!"