Chapter Ten pt.one

╭ ─┉─ • ─┉─ ╮
3:50 PM; Ravencroft Institute

It didn't take long for Peter to appear on the other side of the gate, dressed in his Spider-Man suit; it was perhaps a 10-minute wait, and I sobbed the entire time.

Cried till there was nothing else falling from my eyes and my sobs had turned into ragged gasps for air.

So many unresolved questions, ones to which I could have sought an answer. If I went down there again, but that would have been a bad idea.

And my sobbing was loud, so if Harry and Max were still here, they would have undoubtedly come and killed me, unless they're already on their way to Oscorp.

either way, I'm exhausted. Emotionally, physically, mentally, and I'd be lying if I said I wasn't envious of the two guys laying beside me because they're at peace, they're no longer in pain, but me, I've felt nothing but pain...not for minutes, hours, or days, but for weeks.

weeks and weeks of agony, but then I remember my parents, and I suddenly have this feeling that everything will be fine, that these difficulties are merely stumbling blocks on my journey to Happiness.

What exactly is my happiness?

That I don't know the answer to, and I'm ready to wait to find out, but the actual question I should be asking myself is how long my soul is willing to wait before it crumbles.

"This is exactly why you shouldn't be left alone for so long, Nicole," I murmured, my palms getting red from being pressed against the rough ground for so long.

"you begin to think, your mind begins to wander, and you, of all people, understand how hazardous it can be." As I slowly rose up, knees somewhat wobbly, eyes practically swelled shut, and throat aching to the utmost, a dry emotionless chuckle from my lips.

"and you're talking to yourself, how fantastic"

The jarring rattling of the gate drew my attention as my eyes tried to concentrate in the bright sunlight.

"Shut up, Peter," I said as I waved him off with a slight smile.

"Get the keys off the guard," Peter said, pointing with his finger.

"The door cannot be unlocked with keys; it is opened with a button pushed by someone in the security room, all the way across the building, and it is timed." I huffed my hands on my hips.

"Well, whoever designed this place is obviously not the brightest," Peter said as he backed up a little. He stretched his arm and his webs shot out, but instead of striking one of the poles, they went past them and clung to the ground.

He held up his arms as I slowly turned to face him with a pointed look and my arms crossed.

"Young lady, don't give me that look."

"Take your time, Spidey, it's not like we're in a hurry or anything," I said, sarcasm oozing from my tone as I leaned against the wall.

"haha," he responded before attempting again, and this time he struck one of the poles and tugged forcefully as it flew off the hinges and towards him, but he was quick enough to avoid it.

"Okay come come come," he encouraged me with his arms outstretched, and I ran out, arms wrapping around his neck and legs wrapping around his waist, he extended his arm, and we were off.

"Where are we going?" I shouted against the wind, my face buried in his neck.

"The Brooklyn Bridge, we need to get a good look if this is truly going to happen and please ba-I mean...Nicci...yo-you don't have to shout," he said with a stammer, but I couldn't hear him all that well.

"What did you say?" I pondered lifting my head to look into his eyes, well, his covered eyes, but he immediately shook his head, "nothing, just relax and we'll be there soon," uncertainty poured over my face as I decided to let it go and buried my face back into the crook of his neck.

why do I have a feeling that this isn't going to end well?

╰ ─┉─¡! • !¡─┉─╯
Word Count: 693
Chapter Ten pt.two coming soon <3 (most likely tomorrow)
These last few chapters aren't exactly going to be following the story plot as I have an alternate ending already planned out. :)
Also no gif for this chapter because I couldn't find anything fitting :(