Chapter 2: His name is Dan

I went into the next room with the man, who says his name is Dan. I ask Dan why he wasn't mad at me for breaking and entering his lab, but he just keeps walking with no response. He brought me to this new area, a sort of mute colored room with nothing but a chair. Dan asked me a simple question that would change my life forever. He just asked me if I wanted to become a superhero.

My mind was racing. A superhero. In real life? But those were only in books and movies, how could this be real? So many questions entered my mind, such as if he was a con-man, or if I should run away from him. I calmed myself down and thought that, if it was real, why would I want to be a superhero. Thinking about the comics I read about, I just had 1 answer in my mind. I wanted to save others. I wanted to become the strongest person in the world. Sure it was a simple goal, but what other option was there? Why else would anybody want to become a superhero?

I told him being a superhero would be my dream and he had me sit down on the chair so he could explain to me the process. "The first injection will keep you the same age forever, but it does not mean you are immortal." He told me. "The second injection gives you lightning powers, make sure to be creative when using them." A gas mask was placed on me and I just focused on how screwed I was. How did this middle aged man have access to all these devices? What if he was just a kidnapper? Am I going to get trafficked? But it was too late.

When I woke up the first thing I saw was Dan staring at me, and he told me to get up. I was a bit dizzy, but otherwise feeling fine. Dan told me to try and use my new lightning powers to shock a target he hung on a wall, and just after thinking about firing a bolt of lightning, one shot out of my fingertips, practically obliterating the cheap paper. Dan nodded in approval and guided me to the next room, which was, in his words, "just some simple training."