Younger Brothers

Warning: Slight mention of abuse

Maya was opening the door of her house after a long and tiring day; it had been 24 hours since she left this very door and she couldn't wait another minute to be with her family. She longed to see them, hear them , hug them.

Three years ago, she and Carina had welcomed their first baby, a girl with brown hair and big brown eyes who seemed to be the spitting image of Carina; her wish had come true, now she had a mini version of her wife to count her blessings on. Maya couldn't be happier, or so she thought, until her wife suggested they have another baby because now it was her turn to have a mini version of Maya. And that's why Maya now stood in her bedroom doorway watching her daughter and her 8-month-pregnant wife huddled together on the bed. Maya loved coming home to scenes like this, whenever she had a 24-hour shift or was caught in a 5 alarms fire that lasted past midnight, her daughter always slept next to Carina because it gave them both comfort and it helped them to calm down. Another of the scenes that Maya loved to return to was listening to the laughter of her wife and daughter in the kitchen while Carina's delicious food was smelled throughout the house.

It was barely 6 in the morning, so walking on tiptoes as to not make even the slightest noise to wake up her family, she went to the kitchen to get a glass of water and smiled tenderly when she saw that on the kitchen island was a note that said: 'We missed you so much, come sleep with us' signed by Carina and Valentina. When she finished her glass of water she left it in the sink before heading towards the main room of the house. After washing her hands and removing her clothes to change into a more comfortable outfit that her wife had left in the bathroom cabinet, she returned to the bedroom and carefully got into bed, putting her arms around her family. Valentina pressed against her chest, her forehead against her wife's forehead and her hand on Carina's belly, on their son whom they had yet to name. Despite the lack of sleep and tiredness she had, she took a moment to observe her family, smell their aroma and thank the heavens that one more shift had ended and she had been able to return to them, with these thoughts she gradually closed her eyes and fell asleep with a smile on her face.

About an hour later, the little girl was beginning to wake up, when she opened her eyes and saw that Maya was hugging her, she screamed with joy, throwing her little arms over her, causing her mothers to wake up immediately and get up disconcerted.

- "What happened?!" Maya asked, startled and with her heart beating a thousand miles per hour.

- "Mommy!" the girl yelled again letting out the most adorable laugh Maya had ever heard.

- "It seems that someone is very happy to see you again bambina" Carina said laughing softly after her fright had passed.

- "You scared me little girl" said Maya hugging her daughter and tickling her.

- "No mommy!" Valentina laughed trying to get away from the attack. Maya stopped torturing her and gave her a kiss on each cheek.

- "Hello my love, I missed you so much!" she told her little girl hugging her tight.

- "Me too mommy!" The girl replied with a smile that only made Maya's smile even bigger.

- "Good morning, love" the firefighter then said, looking at her wife.

- "Buongiorno amore" Carina smiled admiring with loving eyes the image of her daughter and her wife embracing in front of her.

- "How did you sleep? How do you feel?" asked Maya, walking around the bed with her daughter in her arms and sitting next to Carina, she accommodated Valentina on her lap and then placed a hand on her wife's belly caressing it lovingly.