7

PoV: Sonic

It was time for our first mission early in the morning. My things had been packed for me. I just had to check that everything I needed was there.

"Damn it, I'll have to buy some while we're on the mission," I sighed as I closed the bag. I made a list of things I was missing from home to replace. If we were allowed to bring home souvenirs it would be a relief, "Maybe I can turn this into... less of a prison cell."

"Hurry up, we need to take off," an agent came in as I grabbed my sneakers.

"I'm going," I was told to dress as a civilian for the ride there. Why can't I just go as myself? It's not like the world doesn't know who I am.

  I was brought to a plane where Rouge and Shadow joined me. It was a privet flight to our location. They still didn't allow Shadow near a chaos emerald so he could chaos control.

"Sonic, you ride on Tail's plane all the time. You must be used to flying," Rouge sat down across from me and Shadow sat far in the next isle.

"I guess I am used to it. Though I can usually feel the wind in my quills on the outside of the plane," I answered.

"You do ride on the outside a lot. Did G.U.N force you to wear the outfit?" She asked.

"Hm? Oh, not really? I was given an order to dress like a civilian anytime I'm not in armor. I don't really get it. The whole world knows who I am, but this is what Tower wants... I was at least allowed to pick the clothes," I looked out the window as we flew over the clouds.

"So this is your own taste then?" She had a smile on her face, "I think I'll need to borrow some clothes."

"Your version of borrowing doesn't exactly mean you'll give them back," it was a peaceful plane ride for the most part.

"I'll just have to take you shopping with me," Rouge kept up a couple conversations throughout the ride.

  Shadow went all eight hours with no words other than the plan for the mission as we came closer to landing. We were driven to a hotel room and our mission had begun.

"Wait, only one hotel room?" Rouge groaned, "I wanted my own luxury room. Not double queen bedroom with Sunshine over here."

"Deal with it Rouge. You know Tower does things like this on purpose. So long as I'm not sharing a bed, I don't care if you abuse the roomservice here," Shadow unlocked the room and we were met with a large room. There was a small kitchen livingroom space. There was the bedroom with two queen-sized beds side by side.

"This bathtub is gorgeous! Free bath salts and all the bathbombs I could want. I'm never leaving this tub!" Rouge had quickly found her way to the bathroom without any issues.

"Hm... not bad," I laid down on the couch and sat up, "If you guys don't want to share a bed, I don't mind staying out here on the couch. I do it at Tails' place all the time.."

"Great, then our problems are solved," Shadow set down his bag on one of the beds and pulled a gun from inside, "Now we rest and tonight we go through with the investigation.  Rouge you'll fly over the area looking for signs of factories. Sonic, you'll be in the city getting information from civilians. I'll check the valley's and mountains around the area's. Everyone will keep contact all night."

"I hope it warms up some, I hate flying in the cold," Rouge groaned.

"We should eat something before we go-" I turned and found myself in the now empty livingroom, "Nice talk..."

  I laid down on the couch and took a nap before the mission began tonight.

PoV: Shadow

  I had packed a small weapon in case it was needed along with the bombs we were given to destroy the base. I walked out to the livingroom to begin the mission. I found Rouge sitting out with only a towel.

"Can't you cover up?" I sighed, "You do this in every hotel we're at."

"I have to relax. That bathtub was a dream. I'm using it again after the mission too," she stretched, "Isn't he kinda cute? I hardly see him outside of fighting. I'm so stealing that top later."

"Shut it. Go get dressed, we're leaving soon," I looked down as Sonic sleeping on the couch.

"Fine," Rouge tossed her towel aside, "But I'll take as long as I want."

"I don't care how long you take so long as you get the work done for tonight," I told her as she walked into the room to change, "Hey," I kicked the corner of the couch, "Time to go."

  He didn't even shift. I sighed as I knelt down besides him and pulled down the neck of his sweater, the bandages were gone now. He had an injury here the other day. Where- I felt a bandaid along the back of his neck. He didn't want me to see this before. This had to be Tower. Eggman is still a possibility but highly unlikely. I lifted the bandaid and Sonic shifted. I only got a glance of the small cut before he woke up.

"Shadow? Oh what time is it~?" He yawned, "I ment to take a short nap, not fall asleep. I'll get ready for the mission."

"Sonic," I held out the bandaid, "Was it Eggman?"

"... You know who it was. It's why I can never leave," he sat up and rubbed the back of his neck, "I'll get ready."

"Don't push yourself if you're still weak," I got up and grabbed my bag.

"I'm fine Shadow. I'm not as weak as you think I am," he grabbed his bag and went to the bathroom. He came out in the same outfit and a small bag at his side, "There. I have my under armor on below the outfit. I can put the armor on when you give tye signal for me to head over," he pulled out a notebook and pen, "I'll keep notes of what I can."

"Here," I tossed him a cell phone and watch, "you can't wear your ear peice as a civilian. Use that to communicate when you can. This button on the watch will set it to ring if you need to get away and talk."

"Got it," he placed the phone in the front pocket of his bag and put the watch on, "No problem."

"I'm ready now," Rouge came out wearing her coat.

"Let's head out," I ordered everyone to move out as we left the room. If we were lucky, we'd only need tonight's investigation to destroy the base.

  We still need to figure out how to get Sonic out of G.U.N. Tower's put something into his body, most likely a tracker. Sonic can't be the one sneaking around.

  If it gets him out of the facility, I'll have to handle doing all the dirty work.

~~~

05/06/2022