Chapter 3 - Part 1: Eishuu Juvenile Detention Center

Log: July 2018

West Tokyo City

Eishuu Juvenile Detention Center

In the sky above the exercise yard. Appeared an apparition of potential special grade. Its curse womb was witnessed by several non-Jujutsu sorcerers. Due to the emergency nature, four Jujutsu Tech first years were dispatched to the scene...and one died.

👊🏼🔥B̷a̷r̷e̷ K̷n̷u̷c̷k̷l̷e̷d̷ B̷u̷r̷n̷i̷n̷g̷👊🏼🔥

Despite being midmorning the sky was grey, rolling dark clouds slowly passing by. An ominous feeling loomed over the area. The scent lingering in the air signaled that soon the clouds would let loose their torrential downpour.  A perfect setting for the chaos that had begun and the tragedies that were soon to follow. 

Any and all entrances to Eishuu Juvenile Detention Center were cut off. Roadblocks set by officers kept civilians out, unaware of the secret workers of the Jujutsu Community. Amongst those was one adult, Kiyotaka Ijichi. A rather nervous-looking man, eyes shielded by a pair of square-rimmed glasses. His hair was neatly combed and parted down the middle. He seemed out of place dressed in his black suit.

Ijichi, while being the assistant director of Tokyo Prefectural Jujutsu High School, he was often seen as the chauffer amongst sorcerers. He had been the one to deliver the four sorcerors who would be handling this mission. 

Four high school students.

Yuma stood amongst her new classmates–between Kugisaki and Fushiguro–before a detention facility. The four had been summoned for an urgent mission. Despite having little clue as to what was going on, the students could detect the menacing power that the building emitted.

"A window verified the curse womb 3 hours ago. Once 90% were successfully evacuated, they made the call to seal off the center. Citizens within a 500-meter radius have been evacuated, as well." Ijichi spoke as he went over the situation.

Towards the tail end of Ijichi's explanation, a hand shot up. All eyes shot to Yuji, the eager young man raising his hand as if he were in class ready to ask his teacher a question.

"Ijichi-san, question. What's a window here?"

Yuma was in the same information void as Yuji but choose to remain silent.

"A window is a member of Jujutsu Tech who can see curses. They aren't sorcerers, though."

"Oh, okay."

"Detainee block 2. At present, three detainees remain there with the curse womb. If this curse womb is the type that metamorphoses, it will become a special-grade cursed spirit."

"Special grade..."

"Hey, so... I still don't really understand what special grade means," Yuji spoke raising his hand for the second time.

Yuma, who was still in the dark, furrowed her brows. She'd been at the academy for at least three weeks now. What in the world was Gojo teaching if he didn't go over something that seemed like it should be basic knowledge within the Jujutsu Community.

"Allow me to explain it so even idiots can understand. First, there's Grade 4. A wooden bat is enough for them. Grade 3, If you have a handgun, you can rest easy. Grade 2, it'll be a close call with a shotgun. Grade 1, even a tank may be insufficient. Then there's Special Grade. Let's say you might be on even footing if you carpet bomb it with cluster bombs."