Chapter 10- Go With The Flow?

I looked up at Zari baffled.. a dragon? that's when the ground started rumbling I looked at the dragon to see his body quaking, wait? was he laughing at me?

"Close your mouth child" Zari seemed to chuckled

"You can talk?" I whispered closing my mouth tightly to make sure it didn't flop back down in awe.

"Of course, I can talk aloud and in your mind after all you are my rider" Zari said

"Justin you have to hurry up Zari will explain things when you get to his house" Morret beckoned

I huffed was I suppose to ride that thing? No offence Zari, but I prefer to stay on the ground. I cautiously stalked toward Zari and stopped when his huge form moved lower to the ground he was easily the size of three two- stair houses.

"We don't have all day now" Zari mocked, but I could see that was just the fear of rejection at me refusing to ride him.

'If you reject him he will die'

"What?" I whispered in my head easily connecting with my Hellhound.

'He is ours, so if we will it then he will die'

I sighed and looked at Zari to see his form rustling in uneasiness. Zari shifted from feet to feet as we both sized each other up. I grabbed one of his scales and felt a ripple go through me and a low rumble shake the ground. It was as if Zari felt the ripple to. I looked over to see Luke, Morret, and Lana looking at me with encouraging looks as if they knew how important this moment was.

I gently climbed up Zari's side which wasn't easy considering his sides were like sharp thorns pointing out of his skin, but it was also smooth in its own way. When I was fully on Zari's back and found a place which was officially safe from spikes I took time to admire Zari's form. Zari was a red, black, and white, dragon.

Zari's four claws were white, his spiked tail was fully black while his face, under belly, and back were a mix of black, red and spots of white. Beautiful. As crummy as it sounded it was the only word I could think of for him.

"Are you ready?" Zari rumbled

I shook my head yes even though I was scared half to death. Zari lifted his head and wings up as I worked on grabbing onto his scales to support me.

"Justin!"

I looked to see Luke was about to say something.

"Huh?" I struggled to hear him over the sound of flapping wings.

I saw his mouth moving, but I couldn't understand what was coming out. What was he saying? That's when Luke started running towards Zari and jumped off the ground and grabbed one of his scales. Zari's jaws opened in annoyance but he leaned a little to help Luke up. By now we were already 10 yards up.

"What are you doing?" I yelled in worry while Luke just smirked and climbed more scales.

"I had to tell you something" He said

I raised an eye brow the fuck is he thinking? why would he risk falling to his death?

"I love you" Luke said tenderly while the wind was blowing his hair, he leaned over and kissed my cheek, then he jumped off Zari. I screamed trying to reach out and catch him, but zari arched his wings up making it impossible for me to stretch my hand out.

"No!" I huffed out in shock

"Don't worry about it he's fine he's just a show off Liger"

"Oh My God I thought he killed himself what the fuck is the matter with him!?"

"He's stupid I thought you knew that by now Liger" Zari chuckled

That's when it dawned on me.

"Why are you calling me.. Liger?"

"You don't remember your own nickname that you picked out for yourself and me?" Zari said sounding old.

I couldn't say anything I hate disappointing people especially people that I like.

"I'm sorry" I said it was the only thing I could think of to say to him.

"So you and Luke?" Zari said while lifting his wings up higher.

I blushed thinking about the kiss and shuffled my hands on his scales. Zari's body shook while he chuckled. I kicked one of his scales in embarrassment knowing full well is wouldn't hurt him.

"Its nothing" I said with little truth behind those words.

"Nothing? I didn't realize getting a blow job was 'nothing'" Zari said in a amused voice.

"He didn't give me a blow job!"

"And zanicks don't fly" he replied

I raised a brow.

"What the hell are Zanicks?" I huffed

"My apologises let me show you what they are"

Zari flew higher and higher causing my stomach to do flips. I looked to the left and saw small birds, Zari flew closer to them.

"Look at them closely" Loki said

I was surprised that my wolf wanted to talk to me. He barley said anything to me all day. I looked harder at these so called 'Zanicks' they were colorful, but ugly birds. Their wings flapped up and down gracefully as though they were born to fly which of course they were. I nearly laughed at their size they were no bigger than my hand.

"Liger were close I need you to close your eyes" said Zari

"Why?" I said out of curiosity

"Please" he said softly

Zari bended his wings and swooped down while I closed my eyes. The wind picked up around me it felt like we were rushing to the ground. All around me I heard moans, screams, and bones being popped. I wanted to open my eyes.. What were these sounds?

"Don't Liger! not right now!" I heard Zari said in panic as we dropped lower and lower. I shut my eyes tighter it was like hands were all over my face urging me to open my eyes, and for a split second I wanted to do it.

You know that feeling when your about to go somewhere, put on a shirt, your warm, the shirt is cold, and the shirt feels like a colder skin? that's exactly how I felt in a mix up way.

"You can open your eyes now" Zari whispered to me as warm wind and roars of other dragons greeted me.

____________________________________________________________

Please Comment & Vote

-Nana