Chapter 1: Kat Nakadai

Jack's POV

"Skipping detention? Again?" I asked, rolling my eyes.

"It's Miko. What were you expecting?" Raf shook his head in amusement.

"Nothing more. Maybe a big explosion as a bonus."

I looked up in surprise and saw a girl casually leaning against Bulkhead.

"Kat!" Miko grinned, giving the girl a fistbump. "I wasn't expecting you."

"You never are. Anyway, I'm here for three days." Kat replied, stepping away from Bulkhead gracefully.

"Hi, Kat." I greeted, having already met Miko's older sister once or twice.

Miko's sister lived in Japan and she only visited every two or three months for a few days. Kat was two years older than Miko.

Their personalities were complete opposites. Miko was energetic and hyper, while Kat always seemed calm and collected. Miko wore bright colors and stood out from the crowd like a pink crayon in a black box, while Kat could have turned invisible if you didn't pay attention.

"How did your host parents manage to afford this car anyway? It's very sturdy and well made, kind of bulky, but it looks expensive." Kat said, giving Bulkhead an inspection.

Oh. And Kat was very observant.

"Oh, they got old Bulk here from one of their friends." Miko lied, "He's nothing special."

"You named your car? Bulk?" Kat raised an eyebrow.

"Fits him though, right?" Miko asked.

Kat shrugged, "Yeah, sure."

I saw Arcee's kickstand fall down, as if she was groaning in impatience.

"Miko, I'm going to go call ba- Barry. Tell him we're... occupied." I told her, backing away.

Kat frowned at me, but then turned back around, talking to Raf. Arcee saw me approaching and rolled back behind Bumblebee for cover.

"Miko's sister?" She guessed.

"How'd you know?" I asked.

"Who else would show up out of the blue and talk to Miko? Besides, she looks exactly like Miko except for the long, blue tipped hair." Arcee answered.

"Yeah, they really do look alike." I argeed, "Anything happening at base?"

"Not much. I called in Ratchet the moment I saw her pull up to Bulkhead. Optimus said it's okay for Bulkhead to stay out a while longer. You and Raf can stay too. We know it isn't often that Kate or whatever her name is visits." Arcee informed me.

"Thanks. Someone's got to watch those two. I'm just waiting for the day Kat runs into Vince again." I joked.

Arcee's holoform activated, "Yeah, have fun."

I smiled and waved as she left.

I really did want to see Kat meet Vince again. I've only met Kat three times. Twice before today. The first time, Miko, Raf, and I were all walking to the bots. This was when we were still getting to know the Autobots too.

Vince grabbed Raf and my booksacks, pushing them up and then dropping them. The weight when it fell back into position knocked both of us over.

Then out of nowhere, Kat appears and kicks Vince's booksack from the side, making him spin out of control and faceplant into someone's car.

It was awesome.

Raf has idiolized her since and Kat seems to have a soft spot for the kid.

I saw Kat getting into the passenger seat of Bulkhead and Raf climbed in behind her.