Chapter 16: Revenge Isn't Sweet

Miko's POV

I ran over to Jack, who was eating his egg rolls over by Agent Fowler's door.

"How many did she give you?" I asked.

"Six." He replied.

I gasped, "I only got three!" I told him, holding up my bag.

"Maybe because the bag says Kat on it." He pointed out.

I huffed, "Totally unfair."

Jack laughed, "Well maybe if you hadn't of stolen hers she would have given you six!"

"Can I have one of yours?" I begged, not feeling bad because he was making fun of me.

Jack glanced down into his bag, "You can have half of my last on-"

He stopped and suddenly lunged toward me, tackling me to the ground as a giant lob ball crashed into Agent Fowler's door. Right where I had been standing.

I looked up, my eyes wide. Jack stood and offered me his hand.

"Wheeljack! You could have caused serious damage!" Ratchet scolded.

"To me!" I exclaimed.

"What were you thinking, soldier?" Ultra Magnus asked Wheeljack.

"I was thinking that Bulk could catch that lob." Wheeljack answered, his face changing from concern to annoyance as he looked at the other bot.

"A better response would be, 'I'm sorry. It won't happen again.'" Kat said, looking at Wheeljack emotionlessly.

Suddenly, I really wished that Optimus hadn't left to go investigate a signal in case Kat went berserker on Wheeljack.

Wheeljack looked away guiltily, "Sorry, Miko."

I opened my mouth, but Ultra Magnus cut me off.

"Let me make myself clear. As Optimus Prime's second in command, I have no intention of tolerating wrecker behavior." Ultra Magnus said sternly.

"Some things never change." Wheeljack muttered.

The room grew thick with tension.

"Jackie..." Bulkhead warned worriedly.

"Need I remind you that it was Optimus Prime himself who assigned me to command your wreckers back on Cybertron and get you loose cannons under control. An effective combat unit begins with discipline-"

As he said the word, Kat flinched.

"-If you won't accept that, feel free to chose the path of least resistance. As you did before."

Wheeljack glared, "If my ship weren't a twisted wreck at the moment, I'd do that. Sir." Wheeljack spat before walking away angrily.

Kat jumped off the railing, silencing Ratchet's protest with a glare before he even opened his mouth. Ultra Magnus glared at her and she scowled.

"Wheeljack is wreckless and hot-headed. He's an issue, no doubt, but don't think for a second that he's the only one causing problems." She told him darkly before following after the wrecker.

"I won't tolerate your issues, so solve them before I take matters into my own hands." She added over her shoulder before disappearing out the door.

Wheeljack and Ultra Magnus might not completely understand how absolutely capable Kat is of tearing their faces in half. And it seemed they were both pissing her off.

"Should we go after her?" Jack asked quietly.

My phone beeped and I took a second to look down.

Gather Jack and Bulkhead. Training begins now.