Chapter 11

I stare at myself in the mirror, completely at an awe toward the person reflecting my image. I'd seen the glitz and glam of celebrities adorned in fancy dress couture by exclusive designers on magazines, never would I have imagined myself in their position. Not that I considered myself a celebrity, but tonight I exhibited the makings of one. And it was all down to Nina's team whom she generously bestowed to Keysha and I.

Nina was given a range of gowns from famous designers and after she picked her favourite, the remaining were given to Keysha and I.

I wore a silver silky satin backless mermaid tailed dress that freed one of my legs, hugged and accentuated every curve and bust I had. It was complimented by diamond earrings, bracelets and an equal silver clutch purse. Andran and Jill did an amazing job at styling my hair and contouring my face into perfection. My hair fell in ebony silky cascading curls on one side of my shoulder, while leaving my neckline accentuated. I had no model like posture, however the four-inch glittering heels gave me the height I needed to maintain the dress.

I was unrecognisable. Not quite a super model, but could easily fool people into thinking I was one. And that really was my job for the night. Nina had explained how once I wore the dress, I had to own it, to sell it to the world by showing how amazing it was.

I don't know for how long I gaped at my reflection in the full-sized mirror in one of the humongous bathroom of Nicholas's penthouse.

Somewhere in the other rooms, Keysha and Nina were already doing their finishing touches. Then precisely at 8:30pm, in thirty minutes to be exact, we should be at the gala.

"You look amazing, Ariel," Keysha boomed as she entered the bathroom with Andran by her tail. She looked beautiful in her blue floral gown that matched her bright blue eyes as well as complimenting her amber hair. Jill and Andran really went out of their way with us tonight.

"I second that... Although I would also add ravaging in the list." Andran was unfailing and simply outstanding in his silver-grey suit, with a lavender coloured napkin in his breast pocket to match his signature purple hair.

I pressed my lips, not used to these compliments. I didn't how to take them. "Brief me again how I should act tonight. Gosh to think of the many celebrity that'll be attending."

"Don't worry, babe. Just be you." Andran replied as he moved over to fluff my hair once more.

"As long as I get to see George Clooney and convince him to leave his wife for me, that'll be the highlight of my night." Keysha's pulled her Cheshire Cat grin.

"I thought you and Max were now official."

Keysha hid her secretive smile. "Max is no George Clooney, Ariel."

Andran laughed while I rolled my eyes and shook my head at her.

"Aw, you guys! Look how stunning we look." Nina cooed as she walked in with Jill. "One quick picture for insta before we head out." She took out her phone and gathered all of us for a selfie.

It was quite obvious whom was the most beautiful tonight in our little group. Nina was born to wear that fiery red cocktail dress. You could definitely tell she owned it. However, because she wasn't too blinded by vanity, we were individually beautiful in her eyes.

As we made our way to the limo downstairs, a ball of nervousness settled in my stomach. While the party drank the champagne, and enjoyed themselves during the ride. I merely sipped on my beverage as my mind decided at that moment to contemplate over the most frustrating man I've ever had the privilege to meet.

I've not heard from Nicholas since he left me in suspense last night. He had been phantom like when he left without a word, only repeating how he shouldn't have kissed me. I mean, was I that bad of a kisser that I grossed him out? But he had kissed me twice.