Chapter 5

He parked right in front of my block despite begging him not to. The ride to my house had been an arduous one. Aside from the fact that he drove like madman, he still chose not to follow my specific directions and took his own route...it was a wonder how he managed to find my place.

"Give me your number." He demanded out of blue, just as I unbuckled my seatbelt.

"What?" I stared in in shock.

"Your mobile number. I want it." He simply said.

"Whatever for?"

"To call and text you." He shrugged as if it was the most obvious thing.

I narrowed my eyes suspiciously at him. "No."

"You do realise I already know where you live right?" He stated the obvious.

"I am fully aware of that."

"And there's the matter of your clothes. I'll need to contact you." He persisted.

"Well as you said, you know where I live. You can always drop it here."

"There's no winning with you is there?" Somehow he was mostly amused by this fact instead of giving me that hard look of his.

I gave him a curt smile.

"It's too bad..." he slumped back in his seat while crossing his arm on his chest as he studied me."...I already put my number on your phone."

"You didn't!" I exclaimed while digging out my Sony Ericsson t700 out of my bag.

I ignored him as I flied through my contacts until I found his number. I turned to him.

He was glaring at the phone in my hand. "Should I ask you why don't have a smart phone?"

"I don't want a smart phone."

"I just can't believe people still use these old things!" He looked appalled.

"Old things? This phone is reliable. It has everything I need."

"What you need is a new phone. A smart one at that."

I frowned. "I don't need one and I certainly do not need you telling me so."

He let out an exasperated sigh while running his hand through his thick silky locks. For some odd reason my fingers itched to do the same at that moment. He gave me that hard look that made me cower slightly to my seat. I needed to get out.

"Can I leave now?" I don't know why I needed to ask him permission. Maybe it was his overwhelming effect on me.

"I don't know. Can you?" He used my earlier words against me.

My look was chagrin as I unlocked the passenger door and exited his car.

"It was nice knowing you, Nicholas." I told him.

"Why do you say that like you have no intention of seeing me again?" He asked.

Oh trust me I don't.

I just smiled secretly to myself and chose not to respond.

I grabbed my belongings from the seat before slamming his car door shut. As I walked around the huge car, it gave him time to roll down his window. However, I ignored him as I turned my back to him and started walking the direction of my house.

"I'll be in touch, Ariella." I heard him speak.

I turned. From this distance I could still see the blue of his eyes surveying me. I chose not to let it affect me as I gave him a brief wave of goodbye and then turned to unlock my house door. I scurried inside, just to get away from the feeling of his eyes on me.