Chapter 7

Nicholas parked at a road in town, in front of an Apple Store and without words spoken he got out to open the door for me.

"Why did you bring me here?" I asked, watching him lean against the opened door.

"I thought I might get you a birthday present." He simply said while offering his hand for assistant.

"P-present? N-no no. No way." I shook my head while stuttering in shock. "I don't want a birthday present from you, Nicholas." I refused.

He sighed and rolled his eyes. "Are we really going to argue again?" He asked.

My mouth clumped. "But my birthday has passed. Besides we hardly know each other for you be buy--"

"Shh." He pressed a finger against my lip, initiating a gasp which got choked off in my throat.

"I want to get you a present whether you like it or not. Now get your ạrse out of my car." Although his brows were furrowed, I could tell this was amusing to him.

I took off my blazer and school tie before shuffling out of his car. I unbuttoned a few buttons on my white blouse to reveal my cleavage and brought my skirt higher up my knees. It was good thing I wore black stockings and mini black wedges for shoes.

Nicholas watched me change my look with an amused arched brow.

I shut his car door and faced him. "Do you want people to think you're a Paedophile?" I asked, hands on hips.

His searing eyes concentrated more on the line of my cleavgae. "That never even crossed my mind." He gave me a hesitant frown, not sure how to react.

"Well it crossed mine." I commented, ignoring how the look in his eyes gave me chills.

We moved out of the road toward the pavement, the entrance for the Apple Store was right in front of us.

"I'm not that old you know. And you're not that young either."

I shrugged. "It won't stop people from judging. I'd rather them think I was whoring for you instead."

His eyes flashed on mine, his reaction going from amused to serious. "Where are these thoughts coming from, Ariella? Do you really think of yourself like that?" He was shocked. Angry.

I shrugged as I looked away from his pressing eyes. He turned me to face him, hands on my shoulders, making my breath hitched.

"A seven year age difference is nothing, Ariel." My short name was a soft caress in his lips. "As you said before we're adults, consenting adults at that. So, whatever is going in your head discard it immediately. I don't see you like that and you shouldn't think of yourself like that."

"To some people a seven year age gap is ancient. I may be legally of age but I'm still in school." I told him, ignoring my lurching heart rate affected by his speech.

"Does it bother you that much?"

I shook my head despite the fact that lingering doubts still accumulated in the recessive part of my brain, the one that wasn't lost to his charm and hadn't thrown caution to wind.

"I just don't understand you. You know I've never had someone look twice at me before...why would they? I was perfectly fine with this, comfortable even. But then you came along and just...just ruined it all." I flailed. "What do you want with me?"

A swirling anger played in icy blue eyes. "You're over analysing the situation, Ariella."

Back to full-name basis.

"Am I really?"

He breathed closing his eyes for a second. "I'm not trying to take advantage of you if that's what you thinking. Trust me on that. Now can we go in and get you a new phone?"