Chapter 70

Andrea

"You're joking!" Nyla bursts between laughs. She's clutching her stomach, doubling over and leaning against Leo's side. Meanwhile, he looks rather conflicted. I can tell he wants to smile because he likes seeing his girl laugh like this. On the other hand, he's definitely not comfortable with the turn our conversation has taken.

You see, we're enjoying a trip down memory lane.

"Ten? You said that at ten years old?" Giada asks, laughing just like Nyla is. You see, she too hasn't heard this story before.

"I was under shock! It's not every day some rich Italian guy offers you to live in his fucking building so you can steal for him. I mean, it's what I already did, that's how he found me. It sounded too good to be true. I thought he was a pedophile!" Leo explains loudly. Many people turn, shake their heads and mutter something about ignorant Americans under their breaths.

One mean look from me and they turn back around. Don't think they recognize me but agh, it's good to be back.

"So you told him to shove his cucumber up is ass and choke on it?" Giada repeats, crying now because she's laughing so hard. It's so adorable my cheeks hurt. My fucking cheeks hurt.

Leo and I keep silently mocking each other with looks. He's telling me I'm whipped. I tell him to shut up because he fell even faster.

"What do you mean, that's how he found you?" Nyla asks at the same time.

Leo's head whips around between them, obviously unsure who to answer first. "Uhm, yeah, like I said, I was scared and a bit confused. My parents had just been killed, you know? By cops who did not look so different from Andrea's dad." Damn, that sobered the mood down quickly.

Nyla looks up, drying her tears as she studies my friend. Now Leo looks very uncomfortable. He can't stand pity and doesn't want condolences. It's been a long time and empty words mean little to him. Me too. It's the way we've been raised.

"So yeah, that's how I ended up calling Vincenzo senior a loaded pedo who won't feel less empty if he fills up little boy's assholes," Leo says nonchalantly.

There's a beat of silence. I bite my lips. But then my friend's eyes meet mine and I absolutely burst out laughing. Our girls join in because, really, who wouldn't?

"What the hell did he even say to that?" Giada asks. She never knew the man, only ever heard stories from me.

Leo shrugs but I answer, "Oh, it was fantastic. Because that's where the most handsome, charming and charismatic little boy that has ever lived had to step in. Me!" I spread out my hands only for Leo to hit me in the shoulder. I chuckle. "Alright, sorry. I was waiting in our car at the time so my dad told Leo to wait and got me. I assured him my father wasn't interested in any sexual activities with him."

"Which made me believe he was an accomplice. Or another victim. Either way, I was skeptical," adds Leo.

"My dad brought out the big guns. Said Leo had nowhere to go and that he'd have to get him into the system since he was an orphan. Long story short, Leo came home with us, became my father's sticky fingers- eww, that sounds wrong, never mind- he started getting small jobs to steal little things," I say.

"And we became brothers!" Leo finishes, throwing an arm over me.

"That was messy!" Giada blows out a breath.

"Definitely. So what about you two? How did you meet?" Nyla asks Giada and me.

"Oh, may I take this one?" my girl asks me, smiling mischievously. This is about to be good, I know it is, so I nod. Just gotta steal a quick kiss first. It's been two courses which means I've been holding that back for way too long.

The way she hums against me, the feel of her smooth lips and her warm breath on my skin really makes me want to end this dinner right here. I'd take her back to the hotel right now. Fuck, I'd rip these perfectly fitting jeans that have been teasing me all evening and her cute blouse right off her and drive her as crazy as I've been feeling.

Mhm, as the milliseconds rush by, I consider the ways I could make her beg. The times I could make her come. Fuck sleep, tonight I'll fuck her on every inch of that bloody, ridiculously expensive hotel room.

"Still here. Still waiting," Leo interrupts us. We pull away.

I want to murder my friend.

But Giada looks perfectly happy, probably since she didn't picture me naked, sweaty, and inside of her right now. Must be nice to have the mental self-control.

"Alright, here comes the short version; I was almost kidnapped because my father was a cop, Andrea saved me. We saw each other again after months and started dating. My father, who turned out to have been after Andrea and his father before him, went a little psycho at the news. He plotted an attack on Andrea's car- while the three of us were inside, mind you- to kill him. Then faked his death and fled to Italy.

"Andrea survived the attack while I lost my memory of him and our time together. He thought I was dead. I thought he was the reason my father died. We hated each other, then figured everything out and here we are," she summarizes.

Now it's my time to blow out a breath because when you put it like that, it's a lot. Nyla stares at us, then turns to her man.

"You knew this? Played a part as well? This is juicier than every telenovela out there and we will go into detail about this over coffee some time," she tells Giada.

"I was a bystander. But yeah, I did know her the first time she was around," Leo clarifies.

"Can't wait. And yeah, I had the pleasure to get to know this dumbass twice. Was a treat," Giada says.

Then the waiter comes around to ask whether we wanted any dessert. "No!" I say too quickly, making all my friends turn to me. "Feeling a bit tired," I explain lamely.

None of them buys it. Giada subtly lays a hand on my thigh while Leo arches an amused eyebrow at me.

"You two go, Leo and I will stay for a bit if you don't mind," Nyla says knowingly. All the while Giada's hand is moving higher up my leg with each dragging second, driving me absolutely crazy.

"Sure, don't get lost on your way back, have fun," I say, jumping to my feet.

Giada chuckles, following my lead. "I'll pay you back half of the bill in the morning. Good night."

Their reply is lost in the distance since I'm already pulling Giada away.

————————
First off, I hope this wasn't offensive/ triggering for anyone🖐🏻 if it was, I rly apologise

Other than that, here u go w today's chapter, hope y'all like it and have a great dayy<33