77

Once she glanced at the side, her eyes widened even more in horror as she was paralyzed in her spot.

She can hear her pulse beating in her ears, blocking out all other sounds around her.

(Y/n) slowly walked closer and fell on her knees as the expression in her face remained.

Luna's body laid on the pool of her blood, the white coat in her mane and feet are now crimson red.

There was a trail of blood that was not too far from her body, making (Y/n) follow it and wished she never did.

Luna's head was detached from her body as blood oozed out of her neck and muzzle.

(Y/n)'s body trembled as she crawled closer and held Luna's head in her arms. Luna's cold dead eyes stared back at her dull, horrified (e/c) ones.

(Y/n)'s hands trembled as Luna's blood started to cover her hands, arms and clothes.

Sweat formed in her forehead as her breathing got erratic and the smell of blood made her choke in her sobs.

"Luna..?" (Y/n) mumbled weakly, it almost sounded like a whisper as her voice quivered. She hugged Luna's head closer to her as her shoulders trembled.

She lowered her head as her lips quivered and let out a loud, piercing cry as she held Luna's head close to her. Her mind crowded with thoughts as she cried loudly.

"SHE SAID I DON'T HAVE TO WORRY ON SOMETHING LIKE THIS, SHE SAID I DON'T HAVE TO CRY ON SOMETHING LIKE THIS, SO WHY DID SHE DIED?! WE MADE A DEAL, WHY DID SHE FUCKING DIED!? SHE LIED TO ME, YOU LIED TO ME- ELEA FUCKING LIED TO ME!!"

"SHE LIED! SHE LIED! SHE LIED..! She lied...!"

"LUNAAA!!" (Y/n) desperately cried as she bent over, hugging Luna's head close to her chest as her forehead almost touched the bloody grass.

(Y/n) cried and cried, she started to feel lightheaded from her shouting as she gasped for air.

Eren kneeled down next to her and leaned down, he gently placed (Y/n)'s head on his chest, making (Y/n) cling to him.

Eren had a scowl in his face as tears spilled down in his eyes, he gritted his teeth as his lower lips trembled.

"WHY?! WHY DID SHE DIED!? YOU'RE NOT SUPPOSED TO DIE, I TOLD MAR-" (Y/n) suddenly gasped and widened her eyes.

(Y/n)'s ears slightly twitches when she heard panting and slowly looked at the side to see Marlowe with tears and snot on his face from crying.

Marlowe kneeled down a feet away from them and bowed down as he clenched his fists.

"I'm so sorry! I didn't want things to go this way! I tied her back there like you asked for but she destroyed it and got out of it!" Marlowe cried as his voice and body trembled from guilt.

(Y/n) listened to him with wide eyes as he continued.

"I-I didn't think she'll push and take the hit from me! I didn't want any of that! I deeply apologize, (Y/n)-san! I'm sorry... I'm really sorry..."

(Y/n) grip tightened at Eren's shirt as realization caught up with her and let out a silent gasp.

"I'm not the one who saved Petra... It was Luna... Luna saved Marlowe... in exchange of her life..? So Elea wasn't lying... she didn't break anything... But how..? How could Luna save someone in exchange for someone else's? I'm the only one who could... (D/n)..?"

(Y/n) looked back down at Luna with wide trembling eyes, "Running around me... jumping behind me... knows how to cheer me up, to calm me down... act differently... no way..."