Chapter 19

Chapter Nineteen

Ignored

Weeks had passed and me and Giyu never had a proper conversation again.

I was depressed because we opted to ignore one other... Following my birthday.

Maybe he feels awkward too around me... Because I do. But I really want to talk to him again.

We merely stared at one other awkwardly after hugging, not knowing what to say... And this continued on for several weeks.

I was brought back to earth when Mitsuri suddenly shrieked.

"Huwaaahh!! Does my hair look good?" Mitsuri asked as she spin around me giving me a good view of her braided bun at the back.

"Yes! Oh my..." I said admiring her. She looks really pretty.

"Alright, this will be my hairstyle in our graduation in four days!!" She said.

And yes, it's almost our graduation. We just finished our finals, earlier this morning. And now we are at Mitsuri's home because we are trying out a few hair styles.

"Let your hair down, Shinobuu!!" She said. I just shook my head. I never felt really comfortable letting my little bun down. Because I dyed my hair purple last year, the ends of my hair are still purple. The roots have already grown, yet the purple is still there. And I always wore a bun since it looked awful on me.

"I- It just looks bad..." I said. She looked at me and sighed. Then she looked at me again.

"Hey! Did you and Giyu talk already?" She asked. My eyes widened and I felt myself blushing.

"Uhh, no." I said. She then held my hand and looked at me in the eyes.

"Why?!"

"It seems like he doesn't want to talk to me, every time I go near to him, during Hashira meetings, he just walks away." I said. Then I recalled that one time...

"Good morning, Hashiras!" Mr. Ubuyashiki said in front of us with enthusiasm. "I am pleased that you are all here." He continued. Then he narrated us the events and and the tasks we have to do. "I will let you pick your own partner, but Gyomei Himejima will go solo." He said. Gyomei nodded at him.

I then look around and spotted Giyu, I was about to walk towards him when he walked near Muichiro and tapped his shoulder.

Oh okay, he still doesn't want to talk to me...

I then looked around and saw that Mitsuri's already partnered with his twin flame.

"C-Can I go solo?" I asked master. He looked at me, and everyone felt silent. I want to hide in embarrassment because maybe they will think I don't want to be paired with them.

"You can be paired with me, Kochou." Said Rengoku. I smiled at him.

"Thank you so much, Rengoku-san, but I want to challenge myself, I want to go solo this time." I said.

Then master gave me a warm smile and nodded, "I am proud that you took the initiative, Kochou. Sure, you can go solo." He said.

Now they all have pairs, Mitsuri and Obanai, Rengoku and Gyomei-san, it's funny but Sanemi paired with Tengen, and...

Surprisingly, Tomioka paired with Muichiro.

I pressed my lips and whispered to myself, "I can do this."

"Yeah!! I was wondering why he didn't go to you!!" Mitsuri said as I finish narrating what I felt at that one task to her again. "Muichiro was actually surprised that Tomioka went towards him, because Muichiro usually picks Rengoku-san, but... Yeah, Tomioka is really weird sometimes, Shinobu." Mitsuri ranted.

I sighed and sat down in my chair.

Despite the fact that the academic year is drawing to a close, we haven't talked to each other again yet.

"Also, every lunch breaks, he usually doesn't go to the cafeteria before, but now he does." I said to Mitsuri. She nodded at me, also feeling sad.

"Do you like him?" She asked me directly which surprised me.

"Wait, what? No, uh, I see him as my friend..." Do I though? "And him slipping away from me is making me feel sad." I said. She nodded again to what I said.

"That must've felt really bad, huh..." She murmured.

After our brief chit-chat and cup of tea at her house, I called my driver, who picked me up at five o'clock in the afternoon and drove me home.

At night, I lulled myself to sleep when I slammed myself to my bed. Tiredness easily enveloped me in.

I woke up to the voice of Marianne, waking me up.

"Good morning, missus, there is a visitor downstairs." She said. I scratched the back of my head wondering who visited me at Sunday at eight o'clock in the morning!

"Give them, tea, coffee, water, or juice." I said. Marianne nodded then she left the room.

I fixed myself and tried to comb my hair and tied my hair into a bun. I slowly got out of my room still wondering who is this so-called visitor. Because if it is a visitor of my parents, they will be heading to the clinic, not at the living room.

Could it be him?

No, of course not.

I mean, he knows where my house is.

Alright, if it's him... Then I will talk to him for sure, ask him about us...

I composed myself and slowly walked downstairs, when I almost stumbled on the stairs when I realized who the visitor is.

He also turned his head to me, then his eyes widened, so does mine,

"What the?!" We said in unison.

"What are you doing in here?"

"I'm not looking for you," He said.

What the hell is Sanemi Shinazugawa doing in my house at eight?!

"Oh my gosh, I called the wrong Kochou," Marianne said beside me. "I'm so sorry, oh my..." She said apologizing to me.

I just smiled at her and told her it's alright. I then walked the last few steps of the stairs and went to him, "Are you looking for my sister?" I asked. He just looked away.

"Yeah, she left this yesterday, at the restaurant." He said. Holding my sister's school ID. "She was with her friend yesterday... And uh, she dropped this."

I just nodded, "Why so early?"

"I am busy all day and I just dropped by after working out," He said. He then peeked at our staircase.

"You know what? If you want to talk to my sister, I can just call her." I said.

"Who wants to talk to me?" My sister then appeared at the staircase, me and Sanemi looked at there in unison. My sister then looked surprise at the visitor.

"What are you doing in here?" She asked. I then slowly walked out I might become a third wheel.

When I was walking towards the kitchen, I heard someone talking,

"Could you believe that, Zack? I called the wrong sister! Oh my..."

"Wow, remember Marianne, the sad looking guy is for our young missus, while the blonde angry dude is for our Kanae-san."

"Yeah, yeah, I forgot, my my..."

"Do you think they are dating?"

"Who?"

"Kanae-san and the guy."

"Oh, I don't know, maybe?"

"How about young missus and you know, the guy Ethan told us about last month?"

"Oh, I think yeah... The young missus even bought a cake and took him to the fairy-like spot!"

I just walked out because it feels weird when they find out that I heard that they are talking about me.

Me and Giyu? Dating?

I felt a flush of heat come over me at the thought.