Epilogue

"Will I be safe with you?"

Dumb. Very dumb question. The title 'genius engineer' sounds like bullshit now. Why did I even question it?

A man who always calculates his next actions. Works as fast and silent as an assassin. Never failed his target.

The same man who hastily made an emergency decision that I thought was because he didn't trust me, but instead...

Drip.

Killjoy's hands start trembling, she couldn't continue writing as a drop of tear fell on her paper. Her head lowered, she was unable to even wipe her tears.

In the end, nothing changed.

Whether Killjoy gave a hand or not, the result would be most likely the same. 3 days since Killjoy came back from Japan. 5 days since the last time Killjoy saw him. Spoke to him. Touched him.

The VP had found out what happened. The fact that NG was hiding many Radirium stones and copied Killjoy's device for their own good, and how the whole lab was exploded that no one left was alive. Not even those involved in NG's secret mission; taking control over all radiants.

Knock knock.

"May I come in?"

Killjoy can hear Sage's voice behind the door. She doesn't have any energy left to even stand up, she just stares blankly at the door. Sage came in anyway, bringing something in her hands.

"Have a warm chocolate."

With trembling hands, Killjoy accepts it, slowly sips it with her teary face. Sage can feel how helpless the situation is, she couldn't find a single word suitable to be said to Killjoy.

"... Sage."

"Yes, dear."

Klara paused for a moment. She puts down her cup.

"Please take me to the Minka. I didn't get to... say goodbye."

---

Your smell.

Your aura.

Your arrogant tone.

Your laugh.

Your soft hair.

Your rough skin.

Your scars.

Your hands.

Your eyes.

It's all flashing back into my mind.

It is now a memory.

A bittersweet one.

This memory

Will be safe with me.