VI. back to the beginning

     Robin sat anxiously in the back of the car as they drove past the woods. It had been silence ever since they left the hospital, but Robin could feel the sense of relief in the air. They had escaped the killer. And they weren't looking back.

     "I left a message for Mom. I told her where we're going," Sam says as she looks back at Tara, who is nervously shuffling through her bag.

     "Everything okay?" Robin asks.

     "Fuck, where is it?" Tara anxiously says as she turned on the light in the car, then again searching through her bag.

     "Where's what?"

     "My inhaler. I usually keep an extra one."

     "Should we go back?" Robin asks, but Richie quickly objects.

     "Whoa! Okay. I vote for not going back to the murder hospital."

     "You want to stop at a pharmacy?"

     "I'd need a prescription. But I left an extra one at Amber's. Her house is on the way."

     "No, no, no," Richie objected, skeptical. 

     "Please, I'd be in and out."

     Richie looks at everyone before shaking his head, giving in. "Okay, yeah. Fuck. What's the goddamn address?"

     The car pulled to a stop in front of Amber's house. But, it wasn't Amber's house. It was Stu's house. Robin had been to Amber's house plenty of times, but it never felt right. She had seen the house all over the news; how something-something years ago, two high-schoolers decided to carve a bunch of kids up here. Upon seeing the house, that gut feeling telling Robin to run came back.

     "Oh, perfect. She's having a party. Who has a party in the middle of a killing spree?" Richie says as she shakes his head. "Look, I'm aborting the plan."

     "No, no, we're already here. I'll go in quickly and get it. I'll be back in five," Sam says as she steps out of the car.

     "I'm coming too," Robin and Tara says in unison. The blonde got out of the car, helping Tara out as well.

     "If you think I'm waiting out here just to get murdered, you're out of your mind," Richie said, frantically taking off his seatbelt.

     The group walked into the memorial – or what was supposed to be a memorial, which in fact, looked more like a party. There was sights of teens drinking beer, and the smell of weed in the air. The teens looked towards them and started cheering. 

     "Hey! What are you doing out of the hospital? Should you even be up and around?" Amber asked, as she emerged out of the crowd. She embraced Tara in a hug, then moved onto Robin.

     "I need my spare inhaler."

     "Why? Why are you going?" Amber questioned, as she looked between Tara and Robin. Tara looked back at Sam, stuck. She promised she wouldn't say anything. Sam shakes her head. Amber reads the interaction clearly and shakes it off.

     "No, it's fine. Don't tell me. I get it. Just be safe, okay?" Amber assures her as Tara sends a small smile her way. "I think it's in my room."

     She turns to the rest of the teens and cups her hands around her mouth, "Alright, everyone. Thanks for coming, but the party's over!" Yells of protest emerge from the crowd. "Time to go!"

     Sam looks over at Richie and nods, as if telling him to do something

     "Hey, hey, hey, hello! Can we cut the music, please? . . .Uh, hi, Gen Z. How are you? Um. . . Sam, Tara, and Robin here have been attacked by the killer. And now they're here, which makes this place a huge murder target, so. . . if I were you, I would probably leave."

     More murmurs of protest and anger emerge from the crowd as Richie rolls his eyes and points to the door, "Okay, I tried to be nice. Get the fuck out!"

     As the teens filed out, hesitantly, Robin watched as Sam followed Amber and Tara back to Amber's room. Robin stared at Amber suspiciously. She had been feeling. . . off. But, after all, Robin thought . . .

     Anyone can be the killer.

AUTHOR'S NOTE

hi! i have a new schedule for when new updates are gonna be coming out. new chapters are gonna be coming out every friday! during the week in between, i'll be posting edits on my tiktok account - 1990slashers (go follow it!)