I. return to woodsboro

     "That was Sam," Robin says as she pockets her phone. She sits on the bench in front of Woodsboro High next to her best friend, Amber. Robin had been friends with Amber ever since middle school and they've been inseparable ever since. She was definitely someone Robin wanted to stick with when a psycho killer was running around.

     "She's coming?" Mindy asks, looking up from her phone at Robin. Amber and Wes look at Robin as she nods in response.

     "Watch everything get worse," Amber states as she shakes her head. Wes begins to open his mouth to defend Sam before Chad and Liv approach in mid-conversation.

     "I'm just saying, I think it's time we take our relationship to the next, most intimate level," Chad accentuates as he sets his bag down. The friends all look at Liv, confused. She exhales.

     "He wants me to accept his Find my Fam request."

     "It's the safest move with a would-be killer on the loose! I know where you are, you know where I am-" Chad explains, in his defense.

     "You can stalk me like a jealous boyfriend. . ."

     "Then, you can stalk me like a jealous boyfriend!"

     "Don't do it, Liv. There's a psycho out there. make yourself harder to find. delete social media, tape over your phone camera, disable GPS. . ." Wes goes on.

     "Ah, yes, thank you very much, Edward Snowden. By the way, your mother just interrogated me about Tara's attempted murder which was very fun." Chad says. Wes turns to his mother, who bows down her cap at him, proud mom. Wes shrinks down.

     "I'm sure she's asking everybody. I mean, Ghostface is back."

     "The press still isn't calling him Ghostface," Mindy corrects.

     "My mom doesn't want to cause a panic," Wes responds.

     "It'll get out by the second or third killing," Mindy says, in a very horror fan way. She knows her stuff.

     "Jesus, Mindy, there wasn't a first killing. Tara's alive," Amber says defensively. Mindy smirks at her.

     "She could still die, or the killer could come back for her."

     "What the fuck, Mindy, that's my girlfriend," Robin furrows her eyebrows at Mindy. She needs to cool it down.

     "I'm just telling you, arm up, okay? Pepper spray? Check. Taser? Check." Wes speaks up. You can tell he's prepared, being the sheriff's son and all.

     "Girlfriend repellent? Check." Amber mocks Wes. The group all laughs before Liv sits up straight.

     "Shit, is that. . .Vince?" Chad sits up straight and looks. Yep, definitely him. Vince leans against his car in a menacing way. He leers at liv. Total douche.

     "That creep you hooked up with last summer?" Chad asks.

     "Yeah. He worked with Tara and I," Liv says. Robin turns to her.

     "He worked with Tara?" Robin asks. Liv nods in response.

     "Well, I think it's time to introduce him to Hobbs and Shaw," Chad says as he rolls up his sleeves and flexes his biceps. Liv puts her hand on his shoulder.

     "Maybe not the best idea to incite violence when the sheriff's here. He's leaving anyway," Liv points out. Vince blows an air kiss before getting into his truck. Liv squeezes Chad's arm. He winces.

     "Thanks anyway, boys."

     "Hm, Tara said she fought back pretty hard. You've got bruises," Amber points out. Chad furrows his eyebrows at her.

     "It's from football practice," Chad says defensively. Robin looks up from her phone.

     "Tara's awake, she just texted. I'm going to the hospital. You guys coming?" Robin asks. The rest of the group agrees as they all get up.

     "Oh, uh, I can't. but, I'll meet you guys later." Liv says as she kisses Chad goodbye. Wes looks at her, suspiciously. A possible suspect?

     Chad, Mindy, Wes, Amber, and Robin all stand up when Sam and Richie enter the room. Sam immediately goes for Tara. Amber is staring daggers at Sam. Robin places her hand on Amber's shoulder – she knew how much Amber hated Sam. And she didn't blame her.

     "It's so nice to meet you, I'm Richie. I'm sorry if I'm intruding," Richie introduces himself to Tara as Sam goes to embrace Mindy, Chad, Wes, and Robin.

     "Hi, thank you for calling," Sam says as she gets to Robin.

     "Of course," Sam breaks apart from Robin and looks between her and Wes, and smiles.

     "Look at your guys' hair," Sam jokes. They both laugh as Sam goes to Richie to introduce them. "These are Chad and Mindy, the twins, and Wes and Robin. I used to babysit them all."

     "Which is always how I like to be introduced," Wes jokes. Richie shakes hands with them all.

     "And, uh, Amber, hi." Sam greets Amber, awkwardly. She can feel the tension.

     "Hi," Amber responds.

     "Uh, you guys, Tara's really tired. maybe we should give her some space," Robin says. The group all agree as they go to leave. Sam starts too before she's stopped by Tara.

     "Not you, Sam. I want you to stay." Sam nods.

     "Do you have your extra inhaler?" Robin asks Tara.

     "Yeah," she responds. Robin nods before planting a kiss on Tara's forehead before leaving with Amber.

AUTHOR'S NOTE

hope you liked the chapter. we'll see more of robin's character in the next one :)