Through the Night

Just when I thought that my life gotten better, here I am, curved on the floor within my room, tears are flowing silently on my eyes while footsteps can be heard that are slowly fading followed by a loud bang on my door. I slowly got up from the floor limping towards my bed, wiping my tears ,I took the remaining medicine on my drawer. I glanced at the mirror checking if there's any visible wound on my face. I sighed in relief when I don't see any but my expression quickly change when I saw the wounds I had on the other part of my body.

I winced while applying medicine on my wounds. I looked horrible. My shirt were distorted while some parts have a little stained of blood. Minhyun will be back any moment so I can't be looking like this. He went with Mina somewhere I don't know. I quickly changed my clothes when I heard the door opened downstairs. As I am not still satisfied with my appearance, I quickly covered myself on the bed and pretend to sleep, exactly just I heard foosteps from the hallway and my bedroom door opened " Noona".

" let's go Minhyun, she's sleeping already. You can tell it to her tomorrow" I heard Mina spoke followed by sound of my door closing. I stayed frozen on my bed, while the tears that I managed to stop earlier is threatening to fall once again. " I'm sorry Minhyun" I mumbled. And maybe because of the beatings I received, I was too tired to get up thus I fall asleep right away.

xxxxxxxxx

Welcoming another person in my life means I have added one person that I need to protect. Or it's just what I want to believed. I just don't want them to worry about me ,dragging them into what I'm going through. I have succesfully avoided Kyungsoo during the entire morning classes and I wasn't planning to come to our hang out place this afternoon. However, my plan was ruined when someone stopped me while I was quickly getting away from the crowd of students during afternoon break. Looking behind me, I found Kyungsoo. His forehead creased " why are you in a hurry? Lets go together!".

I faked a laugh "ahh.. I'm not actually going there, I have something to do in the library". His face looks dejected. " You are not trying to avoid me, are you?" he asked softly. Feeling guilty, I curved my lips into wide smile " of course not, you can come with me if you want?" His face lighten and returned my smile. Our journey towards the library were quiet, me, who doesn't know what to say and him, who looked liked he's in a deep thoughts.

Walking side by side, we both stopped when a group of female students stood in front of us, with one at the center holding a paper, arm reached towards Kyungsoo. I looked at Kyungsoo, his brows were now furrowed, with his deep voice he asked " what is it?". The girl at the center bow shyly and answered " please go out with me Do Kyungsoo !".

I gaped. So, they are here for Kyungsoo! I glanced at Kyungsoo who's now looking annoyed. I can't blame them, with his appearance it's only a matter of time that someone will ask him out. One of the reason why I was hesitant to befriend him. I'm so used to my quiet life in school, getting close to him means getting attention. I was startled when the other students teased and pushed the girl towards Kyungsoo. It was so hectic and messy that I was pushed away.

" Ouch" I yelped in pain as my butt hit the floor. Great, good thing it didn't hit my wound. I looked up, and I can only see Kyungsoo's hair as he was being surrounded by girls. I got up and run as fast as I could. Breathing heavily, I reached the school backyard. I lay down the grass while trying to catch my breathe. Kyungsoo!, should I avoid him now?, but I like being with him. My heart ache just by thinking about it. I was so lost in thoughts when a wolf appeared looking down on me.

I got up immediately, wide- eyes , " you came back!" . I reached for it's back and stroked his fur. The black wolf barked and started to licked my face. I giggled, " thank you for coming back but you shouldn't be here. They know about you already." The wolf barked again and rest his head on my lap. I gently caressed his head, his ears suddenly perked up then he..he sniffed?. My legs, my arms, my sides, my back, my stomach . He let out a soft growl and his pangs are on my cardigan trying to removed it.

" Hey..wait..wait..ahh.." I beamed. But he succesfully removed my cardigan. My naked arms are now exposed showing my wounds. Some are fresh, weeks old, months old scars. His eyes turned angry before I heard him whimper while his eyes are scanning my wounds. Then he started to licked my wounds. One by one. I closed my eyes tightly while his soft tongue is running around my exposed arms. " I'm pathetic right?" I asked.

He stopped, eyes looking at me and barked. " Yes I am.. but..." I smiled soflty. " don't worry about me. I can endure it all..as long as Minhyun.. and Kyungsoo-"

" Kyungsoo, what do you think he will do if he found out?" Will he stopped being my friend?". The wolf barked many times. As if he disagreed with me. " shhh.. be quiet..I know..I know..Kyungsoo is not that kind of person". He stopped barking and I gently stroked his fur. " this is our secret okay? Minhyun and Kyungsoo..they didnt know. I don't want them to be sad because of me okay?". He sat up, eyes making contact at me for a long minute, before he snuggled his head to my chest.