My Turn to Cry

" we're werewolves"

" we're werewolves"

" we're werewolves"

His voice echoed in my ear. He can't be serious. " You are joking right?" I looked at him in the face and his eyes still looked serious. He shook his head " it's real, Yixing hyung were able to heal your wounds because he has superpower. Each one of us are gifted with some powers by our ancestors"

I looked at him in disbelief. " Are you really?" Is it really true?"

He nodded his head " hmm.. in fact you met me both in my human form and my wolf form"

My mouth open widely " you mean that black wolf I met at the school backyard?, is that how you were able to know about my wounds?"

Kyungsoo nodded his head.

Shocked. I shook my head and muttered softly as if I am talking to myself " It can't be true, werewolves are just old tales. There's no way that they exist in this era"

Kyungsoo let out a deep breathe and walked away from me " then I have no choice but to show it to you" He stood at the wide space near the door. He started to remove his clothes and I quickly covered my eyes with my both hands and looked away. " What are you do-". I stopped when I heard a sounds as if there's like a bones crackling then it stopped after a few minutes.

I removed my hands from my eyes and turned my head to face him. I open my eyes widely when instead of Kyungsoo, I found the black wolf I met before standing in front of me with his eyes looking at me intensely. Slowly, I headed to the wolf and scanned his whole body. I reached my hand and asked hesitantly " Kyungsoo? Is that really you?"

I jolted when the wolf reached and licked my hand in response. " I can't believe this !" Amazed, I started to stroked his fur. " It's really you Kyungsoo!" I grinned when I looked at his eyes that has the same expression as Kyungsoo. I let out a laughed when he licked my face. " okay..okay..stopped it...it's..it's tickling".

The wolf stopped and started to walked again towards the big space near the door where his clothes are messily placed . He looked at me as if telling me that he's gonna morphed back to being a human. I looked away and covered my eyes. Then I heard that bone cracklings sound again that lasted for a few minutes.

" Do you believe me now? " I heard Kyungsoo's deep voice. Then he continued to talked softly " You are not scared of me right?"

I removed my hands from my eyes and face him. He is now walking towards me with his clothes on. I shook my head " I'm not scared of you" How can I be scared of him. Kyungsoo, both in his human and wolf form provides me comfort and kindness.

Kyungsoo's lips curled up into wide smile and sat down beside me. I frown when I thought of something " Do you mean, all of your brothers are werewolves?"

Kyungsoo nodded his head.

" Then what about Yangzi? And their girlfriends? Are they werewolves too?"

" no, silly " he laughed a little. Then he looked at me intensely. " they are their mates".

My brows perked up " mates?"

" hmm..each werewolves have destined mate. In human it's like husband and wife but more than that. The bond is so strong and you cannot break them apart. Once we found our mates that's it, we want them by our side and it will be painful for us to be away from them"

I nodded in understanding. " hmm.. that's why when you told me that Yangzi is your brother's girlfriend I think it's more than. The way they act and looked at each other is different.....but..why are you telling me this? Isn't safer not to tell anyone about your secret?" I asked. I am thankful for his brother for treating my wounds and all but I think Kyungsoo could come up with any excuses to kept his identity a secret.

Kyungsoo clasped my hand and looked at me intently. " you are not just anyone Jieun... You're my mate"

Dumbfounded, my mouth open widely. I can't be..it shouldn't be..Kyungsoo deserve someone better than me. I shook my head " I am not..right? You're just kidding right?" I looked at him in the eyes and he looked dejected.

" Kyungsoo, you deserve someone better, I don't de-"

I heard a rumbled sound from his chest " hey..hey..please don't say things like that.." his dejected face turned worried. He caressed my face gently " please..don't say like this to yourself. You are more than enough for me. It's.." he put his finger on his forehead and he looked frustrated. " it's my fault..I'm sorry..I should've find you sooner.. I should have protect you.. I-" he breathe.

My heartache seeing him like this, blaming himself. Now it's my turned to get worried. I put both of my hands to the side of his face " hey..none of this is your fault..hmm..none of this is our fault." My eyes are getting teary. He looked at me solemnly before he wrapped his arms around me.

My tears started to fall continuously as my small body is engulfed in his embraced. I just cried my heart out in his arms as my mind goes through all the nights I'm being tormented. His hand caressed my back gently " I'm here now baby.. I will protect you..I won't let anyone hurt you". It feels different now that I am crying with someone. His soft touch provides comfort to my scarred body and his deep warm voice console my broken heart.  He swiftly moved me on his lap, his hands around me held me tighter before he rocked me gently. " No one can hurt you..I will protect you" 

I sniffed. With my hands clasped over his neck, I looked at him " I am not...I not sure how this mate things work..but..I like this" I said in between my sniffed. A gentle smile is shown in his face. His hand caressed my face with his thumb wiping the last streak of tear on my face.

" it's nothing complicated " then I felt his hands under my thighs and instantly we were lying in the bed. His one arm served as my pillow and the other is squeezing my waist. His eyes looking at me full of admiration and... love? "you just need to stay in my arms...just like this" My heart skip a beat.

I curved my lips into thin smile before I buried my head on his chest. I can hear the loud sound of his heart beating against my ears and a faint sound of his reassuring voice before I shut my eyes and fell in a deep slumber.