Chapter Six

FRIDAY

FRIDAY

SEPTEMBER 3RD

"Grow up Jace. You'll never get anywhere with that attitude. You're a pathetic waste of space." Travis Sallow's deep voice carried throughout the entire office, only getting louder after Jace slammed the wooden doors closed.

I glanced towards Ares, his face void of any emotion, per usual. Knowing it's only moments before Travis' anger is turned toward someone else I clear my throat and glance at my father.

"We're going to head downstairs," looking down at the expensive watch on my wrist purely for show, "I believe lunch should be ready soon."

"We'll meet you down there, son." My icy blue eyes meet my fathers identical color, nodding I grasp Ares' upper arm and lead him towards the door Jace had just made his exit through.

Making it outside of the thick wooden doors Ares' finally breaks his stare down with Jaces' father, the hatred between the two of them is unlike any other. Sure all of us despise Travis and would happily murder him, but nothing compares to Ares' hatred for the older man.

"Let's go find Jace, make sure he's alright?" I suggest gently, aware Ares' is on edge and I'm not in the mood to be his punching bag today, given my stitches haven't even been in more than 48 hours.

"Jace, right." His deep voice repeats back to me, blinking quickly to escape the dark mindset he had slipped into.

As the both of us began walking down the dark corridor I heard the voice of an angel, "sorry I didn't mean to say that outloud." Her voice carried slightly throughout the hallway, with only 8 words she had me drowning under her spell.

I glanced towards Ares only to find him staring back at me, without any words spoken we both understood what the other was feeling. Euphoria.

"We'll go one at a time, see if it's her?" Ares suggests in a hushed tone, "you first." I roll my eyes before nodding and clapping him on the back.

I slowly make my way out of the opening of the hallway and find myself facing the most beautiful girl in the world, Jace's hand resting on her neck. Oh this is definitely the girl.

Her pale blue eyes are entirely focused on mine, looking into them I feel like I could read every thought that's racing through her mind. Her skin is a milky white, my finger itch to dance across every inch of it, but fuck I had always been most attracted to a woman's hair and this angel certainly didn't disappoint. The blonde shoulder length hair had hints of strawberry when the light caught it, my mind immediately creating scenarios where I can have her on her knees before me while I grip onto those soft strands.

Smiling at her I feel my feet take the final few steps towards Jace and the blue eyed angel. "Jace, is this the dashing young lady you told us about yesterday?"