Chapter Eight

SATURDAY

SATURDAY

SEPTEMBER 4TH

Just as fast as he had disappeared Dylan was back with our drinks, he placed everyone's down before facing me, "hope you enjoy, sweetheart."

I hold back my laugh and smile sweetly up at him, "thank you Dylan."

"That'll be all for now." Ares cut off the reply I'm sure Dylan had been thinking of for a while, if his let down expression was anything to go by.

Trying to cover my obvious smug look at getting under Ares skin I take a sip from the dark orange cocktail Dylan had sat in front of me. "Oh my god," I turn towards Aurora who's already looking at me nodding her head enthusiastically, "this is amazing! What is it?"

"Passion fruit, I know it's delicious, literally the only thing I drink going out anymore."

"So Taylor, tell us about yourself." Jace's voice draws my attention back towards him and the two men seated next to him. "You're quite the mystery." Thomas adds thoughtfully. Good, my government protection was still doing their job.

"Not much to tell," I adjust myself to sit comfortably, "I'm 23, graduated from college then worked a desk job in Austin until one day got a random email about traveling the world as an Au Pair decided to look into it, met the Greyson's and now I'm here."

"Anyone back home that will be missing you?" Aurora asked lightly, I could tell from the look in her eye it wasn't as innocent a question as she'd like me to believe.

"Just my old roommate I've known since I was 15, Rebekah."

"What about your family? I recall you saying your dad was british?" I look towards Finnick and give him a sad smile.

"Yeah he was, although he didn't really have an accent that I remember."

"That you remember?" Jace's voice cuts through the air, noticing how he was slowly starting to piece my story together.

"I lost both my parents and my younger sister when I was 15, so I only remember parts of them." I shrug, taking a large gulp of my cocktail to try and fight back the tears that were threatening to show.

I feel Aurora's hand on my knee and she gives it a quick hardly there squeeze, it's enough to calm my racing heart. "How did it happen? If you're ok to talk about it of course."

I nod, gently setting my glass down, I'm sure they'll know eventually so why not get it over with now. "It's fine, it's been 9 years, I should be able to talk about it without getting upset."

"It's perfectly normal to feel upset, don't disregard your feelings so simply. You have every right to be in pain about this until you're reunited with them again. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise."