ꕥ Mallow;

Lightning spiked through the darkened sky, and was followed by a clap of thunder. The clouds looked menacing in their glory, threatening to empty themselves at the slightest invitation. Soil was churned into watery mud, and everyone outside was hunched over, whipped into submission by the merciless rain. For the luckier, it felt like small cold pricks as the water assaulted their skin. For the less fortunate, it was like a machine gun spewing miniscule wet bullets. Those who were not outside were likely by the windows, watching the perfect diamonds created by the water on glass, smelling that peculiar fresh scent that accompanied a drizzle. It smelt of water, and of cleanness, as everything was washed clean and emerged sparkling like a newly polished gem.

As he did now; the red haired man sat on the chair next to his window. He managed to get in to his castle before the rain soak him wet.

He watches as the raindrops flowing down his window, just a moment ago it was warm; he was wrapped in the arms of someone so dear for him. Now it's cold, he's all alone.

BOOM!

...well, maybe not alone at all.

"Everything's good, Al?" He asked without turning his face away from the window, raising his voice.

He could only hear some annoyed muttering from across the room. He rolled his eyes and quickly fly where the noise came from, soon as he arrived there in the little room, his sister looks angry and... Messy. Seems like the experiment failed again.

"Ugh i really need to figure this out!" She muttered while taking off her hat to fix her hair, her mouth keeps slurring words as she did. Vamp looked all over the room, one of the potion must've caused another explosion.

"so.... Any progress?" He asked lazily, the purple haired girl turned to him, looking so annoyed.

"Well maybe if you stop being a slothful piece of garbage I would've make a progress!" She yelled.

"Hey, you asked me to get you those stuff I bought from the city and I DID!" The older one groans while he flies around the room freely.

"Just tell me if you need anything else, geez, you don't have to call me that." He complained.

Alchemist sighed heavily and turns to her big black board behind her. Taking her chalk and start doing some calculations.

The potion, however, is 30% finished. She just need to flesh out some things, but it feels like something's missing...

"That's it. I need the samples." She put down her chalk and stares at the board with her finger on her chin.

"Of what?" Her brother is back from the dining room with a glass of wine on his hand.

"The flower from Herb's lungs. Now i need you to go visit him and bring him to me, or if he's busy; just give me the flower from his lungs and his blood sample if you could." Alchemist pointed as her hands going through the bookshelf again, looking for more examples.

"Alright." Vamp gulped down the wine in one drink and throw the glass somewhere, he peeked outside to check if the rain has peter out; but it didn't. He lazily opened the window and gaze up at the sky one more time before he transforms into a bat. If it wasn't for his dear friend, he wouldn't do any of this.

Somewhere, where the flowers bloom;

Flowers love the water, and they are never as beautiful as they are after the rain. After they have had their shower and drink, their colors are renewed and beautiful. Only this time was different, something's seems very off; the sunflowers bowed their head as if the sun wouldn't come out anymore, the air was filled with the haunting smell of the roses from the bush around the shop as if it were asking for your help. The leaves on the trees rustle by the wind blows; each leaves drops a tear down, falling right onto the boy lied on the dirt.