ꕥ daffodils;

epilogue;

Winter trees line the next avenue. Their denuded forms stand starkly against the snow, almost like charcoal outlines sketched by a passing artist. Along limbs that not long ago were adorned with the vibrant colors of autumn lies an unblemished white layer. Those winter trees shiver in the bitter wind, naked branches adorned with snow. Clusters of twigs, gnarled and twisted, extend like the very hands of old man winter, ready to catch the soft falling flakes.

The path to the flower shop were covered in snow, still, you could hear a footstep followed by a hum; the gentle, calming voice who could make any flower bloomed; even in this freezing weather. That soft voice could thaw any frozen things around it.

"Good morning my little sprouts."

The garden was decorated with white. It's time for a seasonal flower! Even though a chill is in the air, it doesn't mean the gardening season is completely over—there's different flowers planted all around the garden. There's pansies at every corner of the shop and garden; the pansy is a delicate looking flower often with a "face." It is quite durable and a "flower for all seasons." Pansies are growing in gardens during the winter in the South or Southwest and during the summer in the North. The fragrant and edible blooms are desirable in gardens. Herb hums cheerfully as he does the gardening works, it's been a while since he spends his time in the garden. While he is away; Bellflower has been helping him taking care of the garden. He planned to give her a lovely bouquet to say thank you. Herb keep on humming a cheerful tone while he checks on every plant in the garden, until a little flower that planted near the fence stopped him.

A small, fragrant flowers with flat petals and narrow leaves, fluttering and dancing in the breeze, continuous as the stars that shine and twinkle on the Milky Way, they stretched in never-ending line. Those yellow petals of the flowers remind Herb about something. He smiled and bowed down to take a better look. The flowers have already bloomed, that means spring's in the corner and he's waiting.

Daffodils.

Herb's slim finger caresses the petals softly, these cheerful flowering bulbs do come in other colors, but Herb likes the yellow one the most. He smiled gently and pick up his gardening scissor, he wanted to make a beautiful bouquet with these little sunny flowers. Combining it with yellow tulips would be perfect, he brings the daffodils with him inside to the flower shop, wrapped it with a white paper, it reminds him of the snow outside. For the final touch, Herb adds a cute little pink ribbon to the bouquet.

"Done." He tilted his head while picking up the bouquet, smiling sweetly.

"This will be the last." The boy glanced at the table next to him, there's lots of bouquet there, each with various color and kind. He wanted to give it for those who has helped him. Most of them were pansies and tulips, it's a bit hard to grow flowers to arrange a perfect 'thank you' bouquet in this season. So, next month, when spring comes, he would make another bouquet.

Herb carefully placed them inside a big paper bag, he then reached for his scarf and wraps it around his neck. He went outside the shop, before he actually leaves, he put one bouquet on the table at his garden, leaving a note and some candies with it.

'To. Lime

Thank you so much for your kindness. I don't know where you live and I might be away when you visit my shop. Please take this as a thank you from me.

With love, Herb.'

He left the fence opened, so Lime could enter if she actually came. Balletic willow wands embrace the wintry wind, Herb made his way to a hidden castle in the forest, already familiar with the shortcut, he went into the forest alone. The trees shiver in the bitter wind, naked branches adorned with snow. Clusters of twigs, gnarled and twisted, extend like the very hands of old man winter, ready to catch the soft falling flakes. Against the dark mossy trunk, the brilliant white drifts rise in soft curves and fall again to the hidden ground. It will be some time before the trees awaken and when they do it will be a slow stirring, gradually growing unnoticed buds until finally the delicate papery leaves and blooms within are ready.