001. the quidditch world cup

thanatophobia
CHAPTER ONE
the quidditch world cup

thanatophobia CHAPTER ONE the quidditch world cup

————✧⋆✧————

                EARLY MORNINGS ARE what Nova Black would compare to the deepest depths of hell. Being dragged from a beautiful sleep is the equivalent of pure pain. However this early morning doesn't seem to phase Nova one bit. The bright summer sun beams through the gapes of her thin curtains and she can hear the calming sound of the willow tree rustling in the soft morning breeze.

    There's a soft knock on her door, "Nova, honey, come on. It's almost six." The tired voice of her father calls through the door, expecting her still to be sleeping soundly.

     "I'm up." Nova grumbles, rubbing her eyes as she stands from the comfort of her soft mattress, pulling over the quilt neatly and throwing the cushions onto the pillows lazily.

The bathroom suddenly seems a million miles away as she grabs towels from her cupboard and pulls open her bedroom door. The scent of french toast and coffee meets her nose, forcing a smile onto her face as she wanders into the bathroom to shower and brush her teeth.

"Nova! Breakfast!" Regulus calls up the stairs as Nova finishes changing into some bootcut jeans and a tight white T-shirt with a small cherry on the right side of the chest.

Nova wanders down the stairs with her bag slung over her shoulder and sees her father stood by the stove with a spatula in his hand, shovelling the french toast from the pan onto two plates. Regulus had told Nova how it was her mother's favourite breakfast, and she has to agree with the Potter woman on that because it is really fucking good.

"I don't know why we have to be there so early." Nova groans in complaint as she and Regulus sit at the small dining table beside the large window looking out at the horses and garden. "Ginny better have gotten my letter about hiding the chocolate frogs from Ron."

"I'm sure she did." Regulus chuckles. "I ever tell you how mean you can be sometimes?"

"All the time." Nova shrugs her shoulder nonchalantly. "However, I choose not to care what you think. You should never let what other people think change you, isn't that the shit that Remus used to say to me?"

"Well, that is true." Regulus sighs, giving up on the topic. "You be careful, okay?"

"Dad, it's just a quidditch match, what could go wrong?" Nova chuckles and Regulus tilts his head with another small sigh. Don't speak too soon.

    "Just be careful, and please be good for Mr. Weasley." Regulus tells her as they finish with their breakfast and begin walking towards the fireplace. "That means no swearing, no pranks with the twins and no tormenting Ron."