Mermaid and Pirate (part 1)

Summary : Nikki is mermaid y/n is captian

Warnings : none 

Pronouns : she/her

First pov : no one

————————————————————————————————

Nikki was swimming around having fun when she saw a ship. She went up and heard something she'd never heard before. A woman shouting orders. Nikki had never met or seen a female captain. She was intrigued and started getting closer.

Tommy was looking over the rail and saw a woman in the water with short pink hair. He immediately called over Captain Y/n. "What do you need now Tommy?" She said as she walked over to him. "Um well there's a girl in the water over there" He looked back over and the woman wasn't there anymore. "I swear she was there a second ago" he said. "It's alright Tommy but next time double check before you call me over. Call over someone else first like Wilbur and if he sees it too then call me over. Ok?" She questioned. "Yeah ok sorry" he said as she walked away.

Nikki knew better than to be seen by a human. She never should've been close enough for him to see her in the first place but it's a woman captain. She now knew her name was Y/n and that this isn't the first time Tommy has seen a mermaid which means that someone else knows about this Y/n woman. She has decided to start asking around. It turns out her merman friend Jack had been seen by this Tommy guy before. "WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME ABOUT THE FEMALE CAPTAIN" Nikki screamed at him. "I don't know. I just didn't think to tell you." He said defensively. "Fine whatever. I'll forgive you if you tell me where she comes from and where she goes." Nikki was sure it would work and it did. "She comes from England and goes to America, North not south. Now I have to go. See you later." She said thanks and bye as he swam away.

Nikki now knew where the boat would be going and could follow it. She had nothing better to do so she decided to go and swim up to the boat again. She was hoping she could get a better look at Y/n. She was so intrigued that she wasn't thinking straight and swam up way close to the boat. She didn't realize that she was swimming up to the captain's deck in the back where the captain could get close enough to put their feet in the water. She got up there and suddenly she saw Y/n. Nikki was frozen in shock. Y/n was also frozen in shock. "So you're the girl in the water Tommy was talking about. I'm shocked he didn't realize you were a mermaid" Y/n said as soon as she got out of her shock.

"Oh um uh ... you're not gonna capture me are you? Nikki asked warily. "No, why would I?" she sounded genuinely confused. "Well everyone always tells stories about humans capturing mermaids and stuff" Rose laughed "I'm not like other humans and neither are the crew of my ship. We encountered talking dolphins and they're still swimming free in the ocean." NIkki could only say wow. She was impressed by how different these people were than the stories she'd grown up with. In all fairness the stories she'd grown up with also only had a woman loving a man but now she's learned that women can love women.

"Anyways I have to continue on course. Hopefully I'll see you again soon" Y/n said with a wink. Nikki blushed, said bye, and swimmed away.