Part 11 - Dual Silence

A/N: To those who are reading this... thank you. I didn't realise this chapter was so short so I decide to upload two today.

Previously...

Dr Cho waited for Clint to leave before raising an eyebrow at her colleague.

***

"Well?" She asked concerned.

"I can't tell you anything, but I'm sure you'll figure it out soon. Just keep an eye on him for me while I'm gone?"

"Grown attached Dr Kilter?" Cho chuckled.

"This one. Yes." Dr Kilter responded sadly. "Bye Helen."

"Bye Simon." She waved at him as he headed home. Then she went back into medical to work.

---

In the common room kitchen...

Gabe sat on a stool staring at nothing, while Clint made a sandwich in silence.

"Want to talk about it?" Clint asked while putting the top slice on his sandwich and cutting it in half. Gabe didn't respond. Clint turned around with two plates with half a sandwich on each. He then opened the fridge and grabbed two beers. He put an open one next to Gabe and opened his own.

***

Gabe appreciated Clint's silent comfort, but he wasn't ready to talk about it yet.

***

They both stayed silent as they ate and drank. They were both feeling comfortable, yet awkward at the same time. The conflicting atmosphere was not unusual for either of them, so they both just let it hang in the air, waiting for the other to make the first sound.

It had been a few minutes when finally something broke the silence.

That something... was Tony Stark.

***