Chapter 2

20 years past since Sam was adopted and raised as a prince.

Ever since he's living in the palace, Guy just couldn't leave his brother out of his sight. He couldn't let Sam to go outside to play, interact with people, or date anyone.

Guy became overprotective brother and no matter what kind of questions Sam asks, his answers will always be no. Sam even convinced his parents to do any fun, but they just couldn't let him do anything.

Guy was walking down the hallway with his planner as he wrote down the lists to need. Guy said, "Make sure we have everything we need. Enough food for the royals and wines." The planner said, "Of course, Your Highness." The Prince said, "I want it to be perfect. My father expects nothing to go wrong."

Planner said, "Yes. Oh, and sire? The royalties were thinking about bringing their daughters with them. Is it okay with that?" Guy said, "Yes, it's fine. As long none of them flirts on my brother."

He asked, "Why? Is he too beautiful for the princesses to resist?" Guy narrowed his eyes at his planner and said, "No. It's not that. And he's not ugly either!" He added the last part when the planner was about to ask the other thing. Planner quickly shut his mouth.

"It's not that he's ugly or too beautiful, it just that..." Guy couldn't even think how to explain without putting his brother's life at risk. He sighed and looked at the portrait of Sam smiling.

Guy placed his hand on the picture of Sam like he was stroking his fur caring. "It's very hard to explain. I wouldn't let my baby brother to go to anyone. Sam is very fragile."

"Whoo-hoo! I'm winning!" Sam cheered, riding on the chariot through the city.

Sam is not so fragile, if his big brother only knew, that he was riding on the chariot down the town. Guy said before, "You're not leaving out of the palace ground!" Sam is not listening because... "You are going down!" Snerz shouted, riding on his own chariot, pasting Sam.

Snerz's fur is light purple, he wears blue fur shirt with three ties, and has a living flerz on his head. Snerz is Sam's best friend. Ever since Guy forbids Sam to go out the palace ground, Snerz came along and helps him to break few rules.

Snerz and Sam never got caught and Guy never met Snerz. Nor does his parents. Snerz became Sam's first friend since Guy, of course, won't let his brother to make any friends.

Two boys were always causing trouble and making mess out of things. The two became secretary best friends.

Two friends raced through the city, trying to see who is the best at racing chariot, with Snerz up in front. "Second born, second place!" Snerz shouted. "Not for long! Hiya!" Sam said as he catches up to his friend.

The boys made a few messes as they dodging the "obstacles". The people has to move and jump out of the way when Sam and Snerz rushed by. Luckily, no one got hurt.

Sam managed to get past Snerz and went ahead. "Haha, Snerz! Looks like I'm ahead of you! See you at the finish line!" Sam shouted while looking at Snerz and not seeing up ahead. Snerz sees something in front of them and Sam didn't notice. He warned, "Sam, watch out!" Sam ignored his warning about ahead of him and said disbelief, "Nice try, Snerz. I'm not felling for that trick. How stupid do you think I am?" Snerz shouted, "No, I'm serious! Watch out!" Sam rolled his eyes and looked in front of him.

He screamed when he saw a bunch of kids playing. The kids saw a chariot coming in full speed and screamed. Sam pulled back his horses to stop. The horses stopped in a screeching halt, but launched Sam forward, sending him flying.

Sam fell and landed on the pile of sand. Snerz jumped off his chariot and ran to his friend. He asked as Sam came out of the sand while coughing, "Oh, Sam, are you okay?" Sam said while dusting the sands off of his fur, "Yeah, I'm okay. Luckily that sand broke my fall." Snerz laughed and agreed, "Yeah, imagine how your brother feels when he sees you get hurt."

Sam gasped when the word brother reminded him. He looked at the sky and sees the sun is slowing going down. "Oh no! I need to get back! Guy is gonna kill me if he finds out I'm not in my room!" Sam cried and rushed back to his chariot.

Snerz asked, "Hold on, Sam. Are you gonna ask him that you'll be in the ball tonight?" Sam said, "I don't think I might, Snerz." He asked, "Why not? I know he is very overprotective to you and wouldn't let you to go or be in, but this is your last chance that you'll be in the party." Sam said, "Do you think I've already tried that. No matter how many times I've keep asking Guy, he always says no."

Snerz convinced, "Then keep trying. Tell him that you'll behave and you won't cause any trouble." Sam narrowed his eyes and said, "You made me to play pranks on the guards, switch heads the status of the gods, and race through the city." Snerz scoffed, "Come on. It was fun, wasn't it?" He points his hand at the damages in the city that the boys left behind.

Snerz said, "Okay, so we made a few messes. But at least he won't know this mess is from two boys." He whispered the last part and winked at him. Sam rolled his eyes and said as he got on his chariot, "Alright. I'll try to convince Guy that I could come. You're gonna come too, right?" Snerz said, "You know that I'll be there."

Sam said, "Okay. But remember, we have to act like we've never met. I don't want Guy to get suspicious." Snerz said, "Of course. See you later." "See ya." Sam said and ride off fast back to the palace.