Chapter 5

"Last night, the Gods showed me a vision. Not only I will restore the temple, I will make it a lot more grind than ever before." Snerz told the planners about his dream.

Sam came up to his friend, thanks to Guy's permission to walk around, but not far away from the palace.

But, he keeps noticing how all the slaves were treated, very horrible. They struggled to work and build very hard. And every time they were stopping slowly, the guards kept on whipping the poor slaves and rushing them. Sam felt so bad for those poor people, struggling to get things done as they getting weaker and weaker.

"Sam!" Sam turned around and Snerz wrapped his arm around his shoulder. Snerz said, "I'm so glad you're here. And I'm surprised that your brother is actually letting you out after those long years of not coming out of the palace." He brings Sam to the planning area. Sam heard a whip sound and a scream.

Sam turned behind him and saw a guard rushing the elder purple fur man who was a little weak to move. Sam hate to look at the poor man suffer.

"Sam, are you listening?" Snerz asked trying to get Sam's attention. Sam turned back to look at his friend and nodded before look back at the man.

As Snerz talking, Sam keeps hearing poor man screaming in acony by the guard whipping at his back. Sam wanted to help him and stop that hurting. But he can't, especially with people would be watching.

But the elder man screaming in pain and the guard abusing him keeps ringing in his ears. He has to stop it.

"Stop." Sam mumbled his voice. He starts moving his legs towards the guard. "Stop it." His voice gets little louder as he starts running towards him. "That's enough! Leave that man alone!"

Snerz heard Sam's outburst voice, look behind him and saw Sam running to the guard in full speed. "Sam? What are you doing?"

Before the Egyptian guard ready for another whip on a man, Sam tackles him, but the impact causes him to pushed the guard off the ledge, falls down into the platform, and smashed in it.

The slaves stops working and gathering around the crash sight. The other guard shoves some slaves to move. He saw the guard, laying on the pile of board, killed by those spikes of boards, stabbing him in a progress.

The guard asked the slaves, "Who did this?" "Up there! It was him!" One of the slaves pointed up at Sam who was the responsible for it. Everyone looked at Sam in shock and couldn't even believe their eyes.

Sam also couldn't believe what he just did. He saved the elder, but with what coast? He killed a guard by pushing him off.Sam may did the right thing to stop him from hurting the poor slave, but killing another man was no exception.

Can't deal with what he did or take a responsible for this accident, Sam ran off. "Sam!" Hailey called and grabbed his arm. Sam looked at Hailey, but he didn't reply as he shook his arm off of her grip and ran. "Sam! What happened?" Snerz asked and grabbed him, trying to get some answers. But Sam didn't answer his question before he pulled himself off of Snerz's grip and continues to run, ignoring Snerz's call.

The servant was running down the palace hallway, looking for Guy. He later found the older prince who was having a talk with other people. He rushed to the prince and whispered in his ear, telling him what happened. "He what!?" Guy cried.

Sam was running towards the entrance out of the city. "Sam! Stop!" Sam heard a familiar voice from behind him. He knew who that was, but he didn't stop to look back.

Guy riding on his horse moves in fast and got in front of his little brother. Sam stopped for a bit and said before continues to head out, "Let me go, Guy." Guy said after jumping off the horse, "Listen, Sam, I heard what happened and..." Sam cuts him off. "Then you know what I did. I just killed that man." He rushed in to get in front of Sam, trying to stop him, and said, "So what? I know you didn't mean to. It was an accident. I can take care of it and tell everyone you're innocent." Sam said, "You can't change what happened before, Guy. I can't stay here any longer." He goes around Guy and keeps going forward.

Guy stopped him by grabbed his shoulder, turned him around to face him, and said, "Yes, I can. I'm trying to protect you." Sam said, "From what? The entire Egypt? Guy, face it. Look at me. I'm not what people think I am. Everything I've known about my life is a lie." Guy stared at Sam in fear, fearing that he must've knew about the truth of himself.

He tried to explain, "Sam, you are who you really are. You're my little brother." Sam said turning around to face the desert, "No, we're not. We may be brothers, but we're not blood relatives. I killed someone and you wanted to pretend it didn't happen." He then glared at Guy behind him before turned back around to face him. "You're trying to hide the truth from everyone. Just like you're trying to hide me from public eyes."

Guy gasped quietly. It was true. Ever since Sam was a baby and knew where he came from, he vowed himself to not let anyone see him and know the real truth. He fears if anyone knows Sam was a Hebrew, let alone a slave, guards would take him away and force him to work with other slaves. Guy couldn't imagine to hear Sam's cry of pain when guards starts whipping his back and sees a nasty scars on back and shoulders.

Sam said, "I'm sorry, Guy. But I can't stay here." Guy asked, "What are you saying?" He looked straight into Guy's eyes and said, "Tell the Pharaoh and the Queen which I called my parents that I love them." Sam turned around and began to leave.

"Sam!" Guy grabbed Sam's wrist. Sam looked up at him and see Guy was beginning to shead his tears. "Please. I don't want to lose you." Sam hates to see him this sad. But he must leave, even this might break his own heart as well. Sam shares his goodbye to him before giving him one last hug. "Goodbye, my brother. I won't forget you." Sam said.

He pulled back to face Guy one more time and starts running towards the desert after his hand slides out of Guy's hand. Guy watched his brother leaving Egypt and into the desert.

"Sam! Sam, come back!" Guy cried. But Sam was already long gone in the desert. Guy got down on his knees as his tears falling down from his eyes. "SAAAAMMMM!" Guy place his hands on his face and sobbing his heart out. His little, baby brother is gone, lost forever.

Sam was continuing running as he heard Guy's crying voice, calling out his name. His sparkles of tears flies out of his eyes. He wanted to go back, straight back into Guy's protective arms again, and letting his brother telling him that everything is going to be alright and he is safe while conferring him and letting him sob on his chest.

But, it's too late to turn back now as he continues to run through the desert. Running away from the only home he ever lived in.