Chapter 41-50

Chapter 41: Big News

* Konoha: Atsusa Compound *

Itachi finished backing his rations and all his weapons that he would need on his mission. Aoi was sitting on the bed holding their baby in her arms humming a tune to the baby to keep her asleep, Hikaru and Shisui were in the room as well watching him back up what he needed. Itachi finished backing and he turned to everyone saying, "It will take a day to get to Otogakure and I'm not sure how long this battle will last, but I will have a fairly large squad with me. Hopefully we come back with some minor scrapes and bruises."

Itachi finished packing and he looked to Shisui, "Your in charge as always when I'm gone." Shisui nodded his head to Itachi. Aoi got up from the bed and walked over to her husband handing Miyu over to him, he happily took his baby girl and rocked her back and forth in his arms telling the baby, "Papa has to go for awhile, but I'll be back. Papa just has to watch over you crazy godfather Naruto." Itachi ran his hand across her forehead and then placed a small kiss on her. He looked up to the love of his life telling her, "Our main objective is to capture an Akatsuki member and since the main battle is between them and Orochimaru we can use the confusion to try and capture one of the members alive if possible."

Hikaru told Itachi, "That isn't a cake walk. Your going up against three S-Ranked criminals in one location." Itachi told Hikaru, "Possibility of fighting three, we don't have one hundred percent information that Orochimaru will be at the south base." Shisui added, "That doesn't mean it still won't be a fight. You four have to be careful, even though you'll have Team Kakashi and Asuma there it won't guarantee that things won't turn ugly."

Itachi gave his baby back to his wife and told his long time friend, "We won't let our guard down even for a moment. Naruto knows this, Shino knows this, Hinata knows this. I can't very well say that we can just rush in the battle and capture him without problems, but I don't want you all to worry to much on this. If worse comes to worse we have orders to abort the mission and head back into the Land of Fire territory. Naruto, Shino, Hinata, and Fu gave me their word on our way to the tower that they won't try and be heros out there."

Aoi smiled brightly and said, "Then everything will be fine. I can't talk about Fu, but if those three gave you their word then they'll keep it." Itachi looked to his wife and then moved to her to give her a passionate kiss. After breaking their kiss he places a hand on her cheek saying, "I'll be back. We will all be back." Itachi looks to Shisui and says, "You already know what you have to do should worse come to worse right?"

Shisui lowered his head and nodded. Itachi pats him on the shoulder saying, "Good. Wish us luck." All three of the ninjas in the room nod their heads to him and watch him leave the room. Hikaru looks to her husband asking, "What did he mean should worse come to worse?" Shisui slumped his shoulders saying, "If he dies, then I will be declared clan head." Hikaru kind of figured that, but felt she should ask any way, she glanced over to Aoi who was smiling and kept tapping her baby's nose and could see that she didn't have a care in the world. Aoi looked to her friend and said, "He'll be fine, after all Naruto-kun is with him and so is Shino-kun. Those two may be young, but if you let your guard down around those two, then you'll surely regret it." The Miyu woke up and started to whine a little bit.

Aoi said, "Oh she's cranky since she didn't give her papa a proper farewell." Shisui smirked at that and took his leave, usually when little Miyu woke up it meant she was hungry and that meant it was time for him to leave the room.

* Konoha Main Gate *

Naruto and Hinata were the first two to show up, then Shino and Fu. Naruto had his two trusty swords strapped to his sides and Hinata put back on her ninja outfit as well. The two couples were waiting at the gate for the team leader to show up, but instead two ninjas showed up instead. The two ninjas appearance put Team Itachi on alert, though everyone looked calm, underneath they were ready for a fight. Both the ninjas stood up and one said, "Forgive me and my friend for startling you, but we are the two who will be following close by to make sure nothing goes wrong. My name is Hyo and this is my comrade Torune. We're with ROOT."