Chapter seven

Flashback
October 18th 2018

•Rowen Hayes•

Things have been so tense between Harry and I lately. For the first time in five years we've been at each other's throats. I want to say it's because we're going through so many changes all at once but I think it's more than that. I think there's something that he's not being completely honest about.

"Why aren't you being supportive Rowen? This is all I've ever wanted. Why can't you just be happy for me?" He yells out in anger.

ALL he's ever wanted?

"What? Harry what are you talking about? Of course I'm happy for you, but you're missing the point." I yell back getting angry now too.

"What point Rowen? I'm getting the opportunity of a lifetime and you're being so inconsiderate!" He huffs out.

Ouch.

"I'm sorry you feel that way Harry but that's not true, I'm just saying that I don't think I can leave my family behind to pack up and go to L.A. overnight. I got no warning or heads up!" I try to explain.

"You were so excited a few days ago, what changed?" He sighs.

"Reality set in. I have so many things going for me here, and I'm so beyond proud of you for what you have going for yourself, but what am I supposed to do out there?" I say feeling like the biggest asshole but it's what I'm truly feeling.

"Rowen once my music takes off you'll never have to work again." He huffs in annoyance.

"It's not about having to H, I want to. I want to have my own identity outside of you. I love you so much, more than anything in this world, but I need something that's just mine." I try to explain.

"I thought we were supposed to be a team?" He snaps.

"Teammates support each other! You're not doing that." I snap back.

"I'm not supporting you? What a fucking joke? Who's the one that's worked two fucking jobs for years so you can save your money to go to college? Who pays for the rent and food in this house? Me Rowen! Not you." He practically throws in my face.

"Don't do this. I didn't ask you to do any of that. You said you wanted to because you love me." I shake my head as my eyes get teary.

"Well look how that's worked out for me." He shakes his head in disbelief.

What does he mean by that?

"Sorry if I'm not willing to give up everything I've worked my ass off for, just to follow you, when there's no promise that you'll do as well as you want to." I sniffle.

His face twist up in betrayal and hurt and I don't even feel bad in the moment because all he's done all night is belittle my hopes and dreams for the sake of his own.

"Fuck you! You're so selfish and unsupportive!" He yells as he storms away from me into our room.

"And you're so unrealistic and naive." I fire back.

"You just made this a whole lot easier for me Rowen." He says as he opens up his drawers and empties out the few things he has in them. Most of our stuff is still in storage since we just moved in so it's not much.

My heart sinks as I see him grab his sentimental things knowing he'd only take them if he didn't plan on coming back.

"What are you doing?" I cry.