suspension-(27)

Everyone looked around d the room that day. Not one person had a single clue who might be behind it all. Well, all but one.

Flashback:

Hqrry:"we've got to talk to hagrid Ron. I can't believe it's him. If he did let that monster loose the last time, he'll know how to get into the chamber of secrets. That's a start."

Ron:"but you heard what Mcgonnagall said. We're not aloud out of the common room except for class."

Harry:"I think its time to get my old cloak out again."

They left it until later on to venture out of the school grounds. It was dark now and I just sat in the common room wondering what they'd be up to? I hadn't exactly gotten all of the detail earlier and I was curious as to what else Harry saw in Tom riddle's diary. It just didn't add up. Hagrid, in my opinion, seems least likely to open the chamber of secrets. I mean, he's practically harmless. Well, from what I've seen anyways.

The fire lit up outside of hagrid's hut. The lights were all on still, giving Harry and Ron a chance to talk to hagrid. Harry knocked on the door and was still wrapped in his father's invisibility cloak.

Hagrid:"hello? Who's there?"

Hagrid lightly kicked the door with his foot, holding a cross bow in front of his face. Harry revealed themselves.

Harry:"What's that for?"

Hagrid:"oh nothing...I was just expecting....don't matter. Come in. I just made a pot of tea."

Hagrid gestured them in, he was obviously expecting someone else. He grasped the old tea pot and began put it into some worn out mugs, overflowing the tattered pottery hot water.

Harry:"hagrid? Are you okay?"

Hagrid:"in fine. I'm alright."

Harry:"did you hear about Hermione?"

Hagrid:"oh yeah, I heard about that alright."

Harry:"y/n was heartbroken."

There was a long pause for a while. Hagrid wasn't as chatty as normal and his hands were beginning to shake at a rapid pace.

Harry:"look, Hagrid. We need to ask you something? Do you know whose opened the chamber of secrets?"

Hagrid sighed before spitting out his words.

Hagrid:"look, what you have to understand about that is-"

A knock at the door interrupted Hagrid mid sentence. Leaving Harry still in questioning of whether he had or hadn't opened the chamber.

Fang (hagrid's pet dog) started growling. Hagrid began to look as pale as a ghost. His colouring faded, he looked almost Ill.

Hagrid:"quick under the cloak. Don't say a word. Be quiet, the both of you."

Hagrid stood up and slowly walked towards the crooked door frame. Harry tossed the cloak back over him and Ron, disappearing into thin air.

Hagrid:"oh, professor dumbledore, sir."

Dumbledore:"good evening hagrid. I wonder, could we...?"

Hagrid:"yes, absolutely, come on in."

Ron:"it's dad's boss. Cornelius fudge. The ministerof magic."

Cornelius:"bad business Hagrid, very bad business. There's already been 3 attacks on muggleborns and I'm sorry, but the ministry has got to act."

Hagrid:"I didn't...professor, you know I never."

Dumbledore:"I want it understood cornelius, that Hagrid has my full confidence."

Cornelius:"look Dumbledore, hagrid's record is against him, I'm sorry, I've got to take him."

Hagrid:"take me? Take me where? Not azkhaban prison?!"

Cornelius:"I'm sorry, Hagrid, we have no choice."

The door creaked open. Lucius malfoy making an entrance as always.

Lucius:"already here fudge? Good."

Hagrid:"what are you doing here? Get out of my house?!"

Lucius:"believe me, I have no pleasure being in your.....you call this a house? I called the school and was told the headmaster was here."

Dumbledore:"and what is it exactly, that you want with me?"

Lucius:"the other governors and I have decided its time for you to step down. This is an order of suspension."

He pulled out a piece of rolled up parchment paper, it contained all of the governors signature, wishing for Dumbledore to step aside.

Lucius:"you'll find all 12 signatures on it. I'm afraid we feel as though, you've rather, lost your touch. I mean after all of these attacks, there won't be many muggleborns left. I can only imagine how much of a loss that would be for the school?"

Hagrid:"you can't take professor dumbledore away, the muggleborns won't stand a chance. Mark my words, there will be killings next!"

Lucius:"you think so?"

Dumbledore:"calm yourself Hagrid. If the governors decide for my removal, I shall of course stand down....however, you will find that help will always be given at hogwarts, to those who ask for it."

Dumbledore looked across the room, glancing straight at Ron and Harry. Though they weren't sure how, considering they were both under the invisibility cloak?

Lucius:"admiral sentiment. Shall we?"

Lucius headed straight for the door, holding it open waiting for fudge and Dumbledore to walk put past him.

Lucius:"fudge."

Cornelius:"come now hagrid."

Hagrud:"Uh...Well, If anybody was looking for some stuff, all they would have to do is follow the spiders. Yep, that'll lead them right. That's all I have to say....oh, and someone will have to feed fang while I'm away."

Cornelius looked down into the corner of the hut, fang was sat growling at him.

Cornelius:"good boy."

And just like that Hagrid was gone, along with Dumbledore. Now that hagrid's gone, Harry and Ron didn't know whether it would solve the problems with the chamber of secrets, or make it worse now that Dumbledore is gone aswell. Muggleborns were no longer safe here at hogwarts. Without any wizards with some kind of power, they won't stand a chance. They'll end up like hermione and the school can't afford to have any more students petrified. Professor sprout won't have another mandrake growth to cure them all and we will have brought Shane to the schools reputation. And for all we know, It might be the last time we return to hogwarts.
---------------------------------------------------------