death-(31)

This seemed like a fever dream at the time, but I can assure you it wasn't.

Flashback:

Ron:"moaning myrtle?"

The alarm cut Ron off before he could speak anymore. The suspense of the eery corridors frightened all of the students, and the teachers along with us.

Mcgonnagall:"all students are to return to their house dormitories at once. All teachers to the second floor corridor immediately."

We all dashed to the 2nd floor corridor. We knew only teachers were sent to meet there, but we had to know what's going on. Or else, something bad could happen and none of the students would know.

Mcgonnagall:"as you can see, the heir of slytherin has left another message. Our worst fear has been realised. A student has been taken by the monster into the chamber itself....the students must be sent home. I'm afraid this is the end of hogwarts."

Gilderoy:"so sorry, dozed off. What did I miss?"

Snape:"a girl has been snatched by the monster, lockhart. You're moment has come at last."

Gilderoy:"my moment-?"

Snape:"weren't you just saying last night that you've known all along as to where the entrance to the chamber of secrets is?"

Mcgonnagall:"that's settled. Well leave the monster to you Gilderoy. After all, your skills are legendary."

Gilderoy:"......very Well."

He looked blankly for a moment before saying what he did. It's like he had to put himself in the spotlight once more, just to get a bit of fame out of it.

Gilderoy:"I'll just be in my office getting....getting ready."

Gilderoy walked away with a smug grin plastered across his face.

Madame pomfrey:"who is it that the monster's taken, Minerva?"

Mcgonnagall:"ginny weasley."

Our eyes all widened, each teacher taking a minute before walking away, Snape left until last. When the teachers moved from out if the way, the message on the wall was clear now.

Ron:" 'her skeleton will lie in the chamber forever'.....ginny."

I could hear the pain in his voice. A lump in his thought finally fading in which he thought would remain for a moment longer.

Me:"I know it hurts know, but we need to talk to lockhart. If he truly knows where the entrance is, then maybe we could go with him. We know what's in there and we know what to expect. He doesn't."

Harry:"y/n's right. I'm sorry ginny was taken Ron, but we need to do everything we can right now, and help lockhart. Even if he really is a pain."

Ron:"you're right. Come on. He should still be in his office."

The defense against the dark arts room was pitch black, it seemed as though we'd find no one in here with it being so dark.

Harry:"lockhart may be useless, but he's going to try and get into the chamber. At least we can tell him what we know."

We hurried up the small flight of stairs leading to his office. Harry led, Ron followed and I fell behind. Harry burst open the door.

Harry:"professor, we have some inf for you."

Me:"are you going somewhere?"

Gilderoy:"well, yes.....uhhh....urgent calls. Unavoidable. Got to go."

Ron:"what about my sister?!"

Gilderoy:"well.....as to that, most unfortunate. No one regrets it more than I."

Ron:"you're the defense against the dark arts teacher. You can't go now!"

Gilderoy:"I must say, when I took the job, there was nothing in the job description about a-...."

Me:"so you're running away? After all the things you did on your books. Youre nothing but a coward."

Gilderoy:"books can be misleading."

Me:"you wrote them!"

Gilderoy:"my dear children, you your common sense. My books wouldn't have sold half as well if I didn't write about all of those things I'd done."

Me:"so you're a fraud on top of all of that?"

Harry:"You've just been taking credit for things that other wizards have done, haven't you?"

Ron:"is there anything you actually can do?"

Gilderoy:"yes. Now you mention it. I'm rather gifted with memory charms. Otherwise, all of those wizards would have gone blabbing. And I'd have never sold another book. In fact, I'm going to have to do the same to you..."

He pulled out his wand that was lying on the old arm chair beside him. He turned around and all three of us held up our wands, meaning we had an extra wand against him. Especially considering Ron's could no longer be in use, but he couldn't remember that, so he felt easily as outnumbered.

Harry:"don't even think about it."

me:"now come on. You want to be a success? A real one? Then follow us?"

Gilderoy:"where are you taking me?"

Me:"cant you just be quiet for once. You'll know it when you're there."

We escorted him into the abandoned girls lavatories. We had to find out how myrtle died in order to find out if it was in fact her who died from a basilisk attack 50 years ago.

Moaning myrtle:"who's there? Oh....hello Harry. What do you want?"

Harry:"to ask you how you died?"

Moaning myrtle:"oh....it was dreadful. It happened right here in this very cubicle. I'd hidden because olive Thornby kept teasing me about my glasses. I was crying, and then I heard someone come in."

Harry:"who was it myrtle?"

She flew directly in front of all of us.

Moaning myrtle:"I don't know, I was distraught! But they said something funny. Something in a kind of made up language. And I realised it was a boy, so I unlocked the door to tell him to GO AWAY and...I died."

Harry:"just like that? How?"

Moaning myrtle:"I just remembered seeing a pair of yellow eyes over there, by that sink."

She glided off again, making those dreadful noises no one would ever tell her to stop making. She really was that girl from 50 years ago. She died right in here. And she never left.
---------------------------------------------------------