XI

Warnings: swearing, violence, slight smut
Word count: 2100

____________________

When I opened my eyes I saw him reading a book next to me, fully dressed. 

«I thought you'd never wake up».

Where the hell was my vial? 

«Today we're going out for that walk.», he calmly stated, never looking away from his book.

I got out of bed and locked myself in the bathroom as I couldn't stand his presence in the early morning. 

«I think you'll love it around here», he continued.

«I didn't give my consent» I observed.

He didn’t learn anything from that session did he?

«And what else would you like to do today, another session?» He got straight to the point I had to admit it.

«God no, but at least I talk when we do them, unlike you», and with that said I silenced him. Finally. I changed to be presentable, but I had left the top part of my outfit in the closet. And he was still on my bed.

Don't care about it.

«Don't you dare look at me, I'm about to go out»

«I never would». I left the bathroom and saw him cover his eyes with the book, leaving me some privacy. When I finished getting dressed I took it off his hands. I was avoiding thinking about my vial. Surely he had taken it.

He stood up, towering over me. His scent was in my bed now. 

«Well?» He arched his eyebrow and took a step forward and I didn’t flinch,  as if frozen by his gaze, pressing our chests. 

«I think I’ll take that walk, Professor Gardner.», he passed beside me without ever taking his eyes off mine. 

«First we have breakfast», and after having had it in religious silence, I followed him along a small path that ran along the backyard, entering the woods. We walked silently side by side, hands at a safe distance. I felt a gut feeling telling me this walk wasn’t going to end well, but I ignored it.

«What happened to you yesterday?» Curiosity was crushing me.

«It's none of your business» I scoffed and admired the nature around us, even if it was decadent, autumn made everything look like a fairy tale. We reached the base of the mountain, and a river flowed placidly in front of us. 

«Look at the foliage, it's crazy!», I exclaimed in ecstasy, but he was looking at me.

I gazed back for a few seconds, then gave up: he was too good at that. He seemed to be debating something very important behind his harsh expression. 

«Why don't we stamp our feet?» 

«It's autumn, the water is frozen», he replied.

God he's boring.

«What about it?» I challenged him by taking off my boots and rolling my pants up above the knee. I felt him inhale, his chest was swollen from deep breaths. 

«Are you alright?» 

«You shouldn't do this, it's cold».

«I clearly don't care Professor Gardner», I went to the stony shore, it was difficult to approach the water with bare feet. It took a matter of seconds before I tripped over a slippery stone, being saved by his strong arm. Again.