Home

Things were abnormally peaceful

In Nick's opinion it could be a lot worse considering how resentful their Spanish teacher could be, but apparently the fact that Kurt and Mercedes had joined the Cheerios didn't put a strain on their relationship, which meant that everyone could breathe normally without fearing their teacher would explode. Their luck would, of course, run out. Sue Sylvester couldn't go very long without complicating their lives one way or another. 

"Um, all right, I have one final announcement before we all leave." Mr. Schuester announced as he took a seat on the stool in front of them. "We can't use the auditorium for the next week."

"But that's garbage," exclaimed Finn immediately, voicing everyone's thoughts. "How are we supposed to practice for regionals without the auditorium?"

"The Cheerios need it to practice in." Mr. Schue informed them dejectedly. "There's nothing I can do."

Rachel shot up to her feet. "I recommend a sit-in."

Puck rolled his eyes at her suggestion. "I recommend we torch the place." He high fived with Mike as he and Matt voiced their agreement. Nick elbowed both of his friends for their stupidity.

"That's a great idea, Noah." Nick agreed with him sarcastically, crossing his arms over his chest. "Not only we wouldn't have a place to practice in for the rest of the year, but we would also end up in jail for committing arson."

"Only if we get caught." The guy with the mohawk shrugged, not at all worried by the prospect of ending up in prison.

"No." Mr. Schuester said, throwing a glance at his students, his eyes staying a little longer on Puck to make sure he got the message. "Look, we've all faced adversity before and come out stronger on the other end. I'm gonna check out a few off-site locations for us to use just for the week. I promise I'll find us a new home."

Just as their teacher finished speaking the bell rang, and they all chatted as they made their way towards the door. Nicholas was halfway through the classroom when he felt a tug on his forearm, a soft hand guiding him to the piano.

"Kurt, what the heck?" the german boy asked, confused, but the young Hummel only shushed him, not offering an explanation.

"Oh, Finn!" Kurt said as he all but corralled the boy in question. "I wanted your opinion on this." He pulled a large board from his backpack that was filled with various materials on top of the piano. "It's a swatch board. I'm redecorating my bedroom. Kind of going for a hunting lodge meets Tom Ford's place in Bel Air. I was hoping you could help me out with the hunting lodge part."

"That's an awfully specific vibe." Nick mumbled, touching the fabric curiously and Kurt swatted his hand away, glaring at him in a way that was telling him he wasn't being helpful. He didn't even know what he was supposed to help him with to begin with.