Chapter 4 ❣︎ Old Fashioned

𝕊𝕠𝕟𝕘 𝔽𝕠𝕣 ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 ℂ𝕝𝕚𝕔𝕜 ℙ𝕝𝕒𝕪 𝕎𝕙𝕚𝕝𝕖 ℝ𝕖𝕒𝕕𝕚𝕟𝕘:

Pʅαყ !

▶︎

New Mexico Novah's POV

New Mexico
Novah's POV

I was really shaken up. He had to be out of jail. He was coming after me and the money I took to escape him. How had I ever thought I was ever going to be free from this man? He was criminal.

Dangerous.

I sigh as I shake my head. Marty had thrown the flowers into the trash can for me. I was shaken. Marty looked concerned as he was telling my brothers over the phone what was going on. I was sure neither one of them cared about it.

But Marty did at least. For some reason I felt safe when I was around him. He was more then a big brother. He was like a best friend. Someone I could count on. I had a feeling to stick beside Marty. He would know what to do next. He could keep me safe.

I have had my brothers look out for me with things like this before. But not now. Maybe once they listened to Marty maybe then they might care. Maybe Marty was right about that. I could only hope on that note. Marty gets off the phone then makes his way over to my side. He sits beside me.

"Are you okay? I am supposed to go to a club opening tonight. But I can call it off" he offers.

I shake my head no. "Do not do that on my accord. I will be fine. The flowers shook me up. He knows I am here. I left the postcard back home. He knows whenever I get in messes that I run to my brothers. He is smart" I mutter as I glance out the window at the bright sunshine outside with the birds flying freely out there in the open skies.

I wish I was like that.

"The twins can do the club for me. I do not need to be there to. I don't have a good feeling about leaving you alone Novah. I am staying here" he argues.

"Marty no do not do that for me" I state sternly.

"Novah, I mean it" he says to me. "your my friend. I care for you"

"I know you do. But you have business. And my brothers are mad at me as it is. I do not need them to get pissed off about this" I tell him.

"Then come with me to the club" he orders.