Chapter 2

"I know." The man stood up out of his chair. "That's why we're going to need Magneto too." As soon as he said that I stood next to him.

"I agree with Logan. We need Erik." Logan looked at me.

"I didn't tell you my name."

"I know." Charles started laughing with disbelief.

"Um... Do you know where he is?" Hank leaned over his chair, asking Logan.

"Yeah" Charles stood up.

"He's where he belongs."

"He's innocent! I've told you." Charles chose to ignore me and walk to the door.

"So that's it. You're just going to walk out?"

"Ooh. Top marks. Like I said, you are perceptive." Charles began to walk up the stairs and I could tell Logan's patience was wearing thin.

"The professor I know would've never turned his back on someone who lost their path, especially someone he loved." As Logan said that Charles turned around, walking back to him.

"You know, I think I do remember you now. Yeah. We came to you a long time ago seeking your help. And I'm going to say to you what you said to us then." This wasn't going to end well. "Fuck off!" In a flash Logan grabbed Charles' collar and shook him. I stepped forward to interject but

Hank held my wrist shaking his head.

"Listen to me you little shit! I've come a long way and I've watched a lot of people die, good people, friends. If you're going to wallow in self pity and do nothing then you're going to watch the same thing, understand?" Logan harshly let go of Charles' collar. I hoped that Logan telling him that would bring him to his senses but that hope vanished when he started walking back to the stairs.

"We all have to die some time." And with that he walked back up.

"We told you there was no professor here." I went over to sit on the couch my father previously was on.

"What the hell happened to him?"

"He lost everything." Hank came to join me on the sofa, Logan sitting on the chair across from us.

"He lost everything." I looked at the bottle of alcohol on the table, grabbing it and taking a sip, feeling it burn my throat.

"Erik, Raven, his legs." I offered Hank the bottle and he took a swig before handing it back to me. "We built the school, the labs, this whole place. Then just after the first semester, the war in Vietnam got worse. Many of the teachers and all of the students were drafted. The only reason me, Charles and y/n stayed behind is because Charles' legs don't work without the serum and I'm listed as his caretaker. As for y/n."

"I can't control my abilities completely yet so I'm classed as too dangerous for the war. Ironic." I spoke up and scoffed, taking another sip.

"Aren't you too young to drink?" Logan questioned me, raising his brow, "You're only 17."

"Well my dad can't really stop me if he drinks 24/7 now can he. And Hank's just given up since when he didn't let me, I just used to steal some bottles from my dad's stash." Hank sighed and stood up.

"She's a real handful, this one." We all laughed as he lightened the mood, the tension lowering. Then we heard footsteps again.

"I'll help you get her." It was my dad. "Not for any of your future shite, but for her."

"Fair enough."

"You think you can convince Raven to change? To come home? That's splendid. But what makes you think we can change him?"

"Because you and Erik sent me back here together." We all walked over to a table where Hank layed down a map of The Pentagon and started talking about the structure of it..

"The room they're holding him in was built during the second world war when there was a shortage of steel. So the foundation is pure concrete and sand, no metal." Charles took over from Hank, pushing his hair back.

"He's being held a hundred floors beneath the most heavily guarded building on the planet."

"Why is he in there?" Logan looked up from the map and questioned. My dad exchanged a glance with me and Hank.

"What, he forgot to mention?" My dad let out a laugh.

"They think he killed JFK." I responded before Charlesanswered instead and overexaggerated.

"He killed..." Logan looked at me with a look of shock, trying to comprehend what I just said.

"Why won't you just accept that he killed the president y/n?"

"Because he didn't dad."

"What else explains a bullet miraculously curving through the air?"

"I'm not going to argue with you, let's just continue with the plan." Hank spoke up, trying to ease the tension once again.

"We don't have any resources to get us in." Charles lifted his head to look at Logan.

"Or out. It's just me and Hank."

"And me..." Charles glared at me.

"No. You're staying here."

"Why?!"

"Cause you're too young." I looked at Hank for help. He sighed and looked at Charles.

"It would be useful to have another hand on this."

"I agree." Logan piped in.

"Then I'm going. It's 3 to 1." My dad sighed before nodding his head.

"And I also know a guy." Everyone turned their heads towards Logan. "Yeah, he'd be a young man now. Round about your age y/n. Grew up outside of D.C. He could get into anywhere."

"Well then let's get going." I held up Logan's keys in my hand and passed them to my dad.

"How did you get those?" Logan asked but I just put my finger on my lips and whispered that it was a secret.