Chapter 3

"Here. Here. Here!" Logan eagerly told Charles the directions as he was driving and Logan was in the passenger seat with me and Hank in the back.

"Where?"

"Just up here"

"Alright Alright. Don't get excited."

"Next time I'm driving all right. Don't get used to it." We all stepped out of the car, walking to the house door. Logan knocked on the door and a woman with brown hair opened the door sighing.

"What's he done now? I'll just write you a check for whatever he took."

"We just need to talk to him." The woman looked suspiciously at Logan for a second after he said that but let us in. Following Hank, I realised there were burn marks on the welcome mat.

"Peter the cops are here!...again He's just down there." The lady pointed towards a stairway leading to what I presumed as a basement. Logan walked down first, the rest of us following and seeing a boy playing ping pong with himself.

"What do you guys want? I didn't do anything." Then in less than a second he was sitting on the sofa instead of at the table. "I've been here all day." Logan was the first one of us to speak to him.

"Just relax Peter, we're not cops."

"Of course you're not cops, If you were cops, you wouldn't be driving a rental car." Peter layed on the sofa, his hands behind his head.

"How do you know we've got a rental car?" Charles stepped forward as he said that.

"I checked your registration while you were walking to the door. I also had some time to kill so I went through your rental agreement and saw you're from out of town." Me and Hank looked at each other in confusion wondering how he did all of that in the few seconds we were walking to the door. "You're not FBI or else you wouldn't have a pretty girl with you." He leaned his head to get a better look at me and I felt my cheeks heat up a bit before I composed myself . Then he gasped dramatically, putting his hand on his heart. "Unless you sold me out." He then zoomed over to the Pac-Man machine across the room.

"Why he's fascinating." I noticed Hank said that with a smile. He always liked learning about the different abilities of other people.

"He's a pain in the arse." Charles replied, pushing up his sunglasses.

"Is he a teleporter?"

"No he's just fast Hank. And when i knew him he wasn't so...young." Just as Logan said that there was another rush of wind and Peter was now on the opposite side of the room, sitting on the couch now, this time with a nearly finished popsicle in his hand.

"Young? You're just old."

"So you're not afraid to show your powers?" Hank queried as there were many mutants who wouldn't show their powers.

"Powers? What powers are you talking about? Do you see something strange here? Nothing anybody would believe if you told them." Whilst he said that I took in his features. He had long grey hair, brown eyes and a beauty spot on the tip of his nose. Then he zoomed past us again, to a different arcade machine this time. "So who are you? What do you want?"

"We need your help Peter." Logan took a step forward before he said that, letting Peter know that he was serious.

"For what?" His eyes never left his game.

"To break into a high secured facility and to get someone out."

"Prison break? That's illegal, you know." I could see his smirk from the reflection of the game screen. We all looked around us, seeing a bunch of clearly stolen stuff. Stuff from twinkies to TVs.