Chapter 3

As Lady Hestia flashed away from the scene, a smile crept onto Percy's face. He now had a family member that actually knew the truth about him. He'd always wondered what it felt like to have someone close to you after being alone for so long. The last time he actually felt he had a family was when Rhea was still around.

"I always knew you were a liar." A voice said behind him as the tip of two hunting knives pressed on both side of his neck. Percy turned around to see the daughter of Atlas, Zoe, glaring at him. "The world has enough of men as deceitful as you."

Percy countered her glare. "I have not tricked your mistress, Zoe. I simply kept the truth about me from her." Percy explained. "I have no wish to let her or anyone know about this, nor do I wish to have quarrel with you."

Zoe pressed her knives deeper into his skin, but Percy didn't flinch a bit. "Tell me something, hunter," Percy said. "What makes you think that I wouldn't kill you right now?"

Zoe was a bit scared of his threat, because he is a god, but Zoe didn't back down. "I will kill you before that." Zoe said defiantly. Percy admired her spirit. Of course, he had no intention on killing her.

"Zoe! Perseus!" Percy heard Artemis called. Percy was about to flash away but Artemis manage to spot them before that. Artemis gasped when she saw Zoe holding her hunting knives near Percy's throat. "Zoe, what are you doing?" Artemis asked with a very serious tone. Zoe panicked, but the tip of her weapon never left Percy's throat.

"Milady! This male has been deceiving you," Zoe growled, trying to get Artemis to her side.

"What?" Artemis said. She turned her eyes towards Percy. "Is that true, Perseus?" Percy didn't answer and just smirked. Artemis's expression turned into one of anger. "Is what Zoe saying is true?"

Percy looked deeply into her silver eyes. "No," Percy said. "I didn't deceive you, Lady Artemis. I simply didn't wish to tell you."

"And why would you keep this secret from me, Perseus?" Artemis growled.

"Because there's this thing called personal privacy." Percy growled back. Zoe edged closer.

"Watch how you talk with the mistress, male." Zoe threatened.

"I have enough of you, huntress." Percy said. He moved quickly in pushing the blades with his palms, catching Zoe in surprise. Zoe used her trained reflexes to take out her bow and notch an arrow, but when she aimed at Percy, she was already staring down at the barrel of a gun. It was a standoff between Zoe and Percy.

"How dare you threaten my hunter?!" Artemis said out loud as she launched herself at Percy. Percy ducked as she flew over him. Percy took out his other gun and aimed at Artemis. A look of disbelief flashed across her face, disbelief that someone was actually threatening her right now.

"I have no quarrel against both of you," Percy said, getting a bit irritated over a small matter. "But if you meddle in with my personal life again, I wouldn't hesitate to take actions against you. My past is simply not yet time for you to know. What Zoe heard will be have to be kept between us."

Artemis glared at him. "I demand that you tell me now!" Artemis ordered.

Percy countered her glare. "I still have some respect for you, Artemis. Don't make me lose respect for you just because you're acting like a child." Percy put his guns away. Zoe and Artemis both glared at the god. Artemis was still fuming that he had called her childish and managed to threaten her and one of her best hunters. Zoe was mad because Percy was being rude and he lied to Lady Artemis.

Percy isn't mad. He's just annoyed that they were trying to learn about his past.

"Fine," Artemis growled. "I'll let this slide this time." Artemis turned towards Zoe. "Zoe, do as he wish. Just until I've figured out more about him."