Chapter 6

"Holy crap," They muttered. "That is so weird."

Standing in front of them was a humanoid figure with one sea green eye and the other one was silver. The figure's auburn hair flowed down and gradually turned into raven black. It was like someone had just decided to mix Percy and Artemis together in one single body. Both of their consciousness was inside a single body.

What happened? Artemis spoke in her mind.

We're inside the same body.

What?! Artemis shouted as she looked down. It was hard trying to synchronize with each other, sharing the same body. Every tried moving, but your brain just said no and you were forced to move the other way? It's something like that, only way more discomforting. Percy could feel her panic inside himself.

Artemis, calm down.

How am I supposed to calm down?! I'm inside a male body!

"Uh, are you guys still alive?" Thalia waved her hand in front of them. Percy tried nodding, but Artemis didn't do the same, so it came out like a stiff nudge. "Can I take that as a yes?"

Artemis, can you nod?

Get me out of here!

Percy sighed as he muttered something in Ancient Greek before a blinding light erupted from the figure's chest. The two of them split up and returned to their normal bodies. Artemis panted while Percy just raised an eyebrow at her.

"So, what just happened?" Annabeth asked.

"We just fused bodies." Percy said. "That's the power you get if you're lives are linked together."

"You call that power?" Artemis said. "That felt really uncomfortable."

"Well, you should've thought twice before asking me what you want to see." Percy argued. "Besides, you don't know the true potential this power has."

"What kind of potential?" Julia asked.

"We'll get to that later on." Percy said. Then, he turned towards Artemis. "Artemis, I know you don't like being around males."

"I don't," Artemis grumbled.

"Well, suck it up because you're sticking with me. I don't want you two meters away from me, got it? Stay close and keep an eye out for everything."

"Don't tell me what to do." Artemis argued.

"Both of our lives are in each other's hands, literally. I want you to be safe, that's all."

"You should tell that to yourself."

"Shut up, Moon Beam."

"Oi, lovebirds," Luke called. "It's noon, we're supposed to go to Mount Ida, remember?" The others laughed at their behaviour while Artemis and Percy blushed deeply.

"Uh, yeah," Percy said. Artemis and Percy could feel their shared emotions about blushing, which made it worse. "So, we're going to need transportation, and since its noon, we can't go by Artemis's chariot because it only works at night."

"So, what are you suggesting?" Artemis asked.

"Well, the sky is off limits because Zeus would be looking for us," Percy said. "He would know if we entered his domain. We could walk our way towards the nearest body of the ocean and travel by sea from there."

"Travel by sea? How do you suppose we do that?" Luke asked.

"Just trust me on this, okay?" Percy said. "Now, who knows the direction to the nearest beach?"