Chapter 7

As the doorman greeted them in, the smell of lotus seemed to be piercing through their noses, but it didn't really overwhelm them. The smell of lotus actually intoxicates them, dragging them in into the hotel. Julia's pendant glowed dimly red, but she ignored it. As they entered, there was only one thing they could think of: "Whoa,"

This place had everything, like, literally, everything. Every kind of game you could think of is in here. They had a roller coaster, a bungee jump from the top floor and they even had an artificial ski slope. Gaming consoles were lined up everywhere, from the older gaming consoles like Pac-Man to the newer ones. To one side of the wall, was a restaurant of junk food, Italian food, Chinese food and anything you could ever imagine.

In other words, this place was freakishly awesome. It was basically a paradise for, heck, anyone. The doorman gave them what looked like plastic credit cards, covered with platinum. There was one for each of them.

"You can use this for all the games, snacks and toys here," The doorman said. "Your room would be Room 4001. Enjoy your stay." He said before walking away.

"Wait!" Lily called. The doorman turned around. "How do we pay for this?" The doorman chuckled lightly.

"It's still funny the second time," The doorman said as if he understood the joke and just waved it off. Lily and Julia looked at each other in confusion, but they just shrugged and went to their room. They never really had any experiences being in any hotels, but Lily had some experiences staying in a beat up apartment. It was a bit similar to that, only that beat up apartment had roaches for entertainment instead of ski slopes.

They reached their room and dropped their jaws. The room was just as amazing as the lobby. There were two separate bunk beds, a television facing the bed and an overview of the city on the balcony. The room itself was spacious and grand, perfect for two little kids to play in. Both Lily and Julia didn't care much about it as they threw themselves onto the bed.

"Oh gods," Lily moaned. "This is so comfy," Lily thought Julia was going to make the same comment when she found out she was already snoring lightly. Lily took the time to tuck Julia in and even kissed her forehead before catching some Zs herself.

Artemis's Group

Although Artemis was glad that Apollo saved her, she still considered him a schmuck for not thinking a plan after this.

"So, what's the plan?" Artemis asked.

"Honestly, I never thought I would get this far," Apollo admitted. Artemis sent him an annoyed glare. "Hey, but I did save you, okay?"

"Yeah, but what is your plan after saving me?"

"Avoid dad for a while, hide in a cave and wait until the Fates said it's safe again." Apollo mused. Artemis smacked him on the chest. "Jeez, I was just trying to lighten things up."

"Although I appreciate the effort, I would prefer if you're serious about this," Artemis grumbled. "If you don't have a plan, then I do."

"I know about your plan," Apollo said. "You were on your way to Crete, right?"

"Um, how did-"

"You're my sister," Apollo said. "I always keep an eye on you."

Artemis rolled her eyes. "I don't suppose you have a way to travel to Crete the fast way, do you?"

Apollo shook his head. "Dad is the God of the Sky. That's his domain. Our teleportation thingy works by travelling through the air at high speed, meaning we would be in his domain. Not really a good idea when the God of the Sky is hunting for you, you know? Your boyfriend was smart too, that's why he decided to travel by foot."