007,

EPISODE THREE the pollywog

EPISODE THREE
the pollywog

DUSTIN PLACED a bunch of textbooks onto the table and opened them up as he began to explain his research on dart, "at first, i thought it was some type of pollywog."

"pollywog?" max questioned, not understanding him as dustin looked at her, "it's another word for tadpole. a tadpole is the larval stage of a toad—" he began to explained.

max stopped him with a frown, "yeah, i know what a tadpole is." she let out a breathy chuckle. dustin nodded.

"so then you know that most tadpoles are aquatic, right? well, dart isn't. he doesn't need it." he revealed, making nova raise her brows in interest.

"yeah, but aren't there non aquatic pollywogs?" lucas asked as nova nodded in agreement and lucas smiled slightly at her, looking down.

"terrestrial pollywogs? yep. two to be exact. indirana semipalmata. and the adenomera andreae. ones from india, ones from south america. so how did one end up in my trash?" dustin showed them the textbook.

"maybe some scientists brought it here and it escaped?" max suggested, however dustin didn't have time to reply as mike had spoke, "do you guys see that? looks like something is moving inside of it..."

mike put the light on dart, as the creature screeched and jumped out, lucas letting out a yelp in surprise as dustin caught dart.

"i got you, little guy. i know you don't like that. it's okay." he smiled at dart as the group shared a look, nova scrunched up her nose, shading a look with max. dustin turned back to them.

"and there's another thing. reptiles, they're cold blooded. ectothermic, right? they love heat, the sun...dart hates it. it hurts him." dustin told them as they raised their brows in surprise.

"so...if he's not a pollywog or a reptile..." he trailed off as dustin grinned widely, "then i've discovered a new species."

they all shared an impressed look, but nova couldn't help but notice will looking at the creature with a worried look. "you good?" she asked quietly, knowing he probably didn't want the group to look over and start questioning him.

he looked up at her and nodded with a small smile, "yeah...fine."

she didn't look convinced, but nodded with a smile as they walked out the room hearing the bell ring. "we gotta show him to mr. clarke." lucas spoke as max nodded.

"no! what if he steals my discovery?" dustin panicked as nova laughed at him. "he's not gonna steal your discovery, dusty-bun."