t h i r t e e n

In the following month, senior year at U.A was really about to kick into gear. Everyone could feel the pressure of the exams as they came closer and closer. My long awaited photo shoot was also coming fast, and it always filled me with anxiety. After all, this was all life-changing events one after another. So far, everything was going according to my plan. Except maybe a few things.

Even with the flashing lights all around me, I still searched around for the ash blonde male. I hated how attached I felt to him, truly I did. I felt pathetic that I craved for his attention, but I was making progress in my end goal. Memories of the past few days attempted to take over my mind, but I refused to recall. At least while I was here. Maybe he was running late... Kirishima and the others aren't here either, I confirmed.

I quickly fixed my face of distress and smiled for the cameras that surrounded me. Today was the day of the U.A. Senior Ball. The sound of it sounded much like a prom date, but of course, our school couldn't have normal events. Much like the U.A. Sports Festival, this was a prestigious event where our seniors celebrated their accomplishments and plans for the future. It was a window for society to see their next heroes. Announcements of partnerships, agencies, and more took place at the ball.

It was a great day to get some individual spotlight, which was something I was completely new to. As I walked down the red carpet with lines of photographers, loud voices calling out my name, and seeing my face on a big screen just behind me... It was almost overwhelming.

I'm sure this was something that Midoriya, Todoroki, and Bakugou was used to. I was completely aware of the popularity that those three and some others had above me. My role in the hero world was simply as a support. While I did have the number one pick for agencies, that still earned only an honorable mention in my achievements. Which was partially why sponsorships and brands were going to be a large portion of my income.

I could go anywhere in the world with my resume. Hell, I could even go back to America and work under the number one hero. However, I already had my heart set on one thing and one thing only. As if on cue, the crowd roared as my best friend stepped onto the red carpet, running a hand through his messy green hair with a shy, yet handsome, smile across his face. My plan after graduation was wherever he was going, and it was as simple as that. We both agreed on it during Junior year and neither of our minds have been changed.

Midoriya and I were known for our reckless and intense styles of battle. While he was basically throwing himself into a suicide situation, I was the trump card to keep him alive and even turn the tables. My mind flashed to the time that Midoriya nearly bled out in front of me, fully penetrated by the enemy's weapon. Although I knew Midoriya was in tougher situations than that, I can't help but feel like he may have died that day without me. If it weren't for my quirk and my brief sacrifice, Japan may have lost its most anticipated hero. Despite being able to say that I've saved his life, he has saved mine countless times.

I found myself smiling as he approached me, then I took a moment to look him up and down. It seemed we both went for white for this event. Midoriya fell in step with me with his fully white, designer suit, clutching his cuff links as some form of a stylish nervous habit. "I see you, Mr. Midoriya," I teased him, gesturing to the matching colors. He looked me over to see my white slit dress. The dress hugged my body, but fit like a glove since it was tailored specifically for me. He seemed surprise at my sudden height as well, especially since I typically didn't wear heels. I practiced all week for this event.

"I was not expecting this, you look... amazing," Midoriya finally said, meeting me with a hug. "Alright, don't gass me up. This is a one time thing," I joked, returning the hug.

Midoriya and I were nearing the end of the carpet when I took notice of the majority of our classmates who attended. There were a lot of other students from different classes and even departments who would also take part of this event. However, the crowd seemed to be stirred by the newcomers. Midoriya and I both became curious and looked over at the commotion.