t h i r t y - f i v e

"I hope your travels were smooth, Mr. Dynamight!" The interviewer greeted Bakugou, bowing her head towards him which he returned. "There's never a problem coming here. I love it here in Singapore. We have had a wonderful time," Bakugou chuckled, a rare smile playing at his lips. His suit fit so perfectly on him and his powerful eyes held incredible eye contact with everyone in the room. The whole room revolved around him.

"We? Are you referring to you and your team?" The interviewer then asked. Bakugou shook his head. "No, I'm here with a companion," he admitted. The interviewer's eyes twinkled. "Companion? Please tell us," she egged.

"Angel. (Y/N). I'm here with her," Bakugou answered with slight hesitation. The interviewer wasn't even digging hard, yet it could be seen on all of their faces that they hit the jackpot for their views. "Oh, what a surprise! I haven't had the pleasure of meeting her yet. Is there a chance to meet her in the future? Would it be under business or something else?" The interviewer asked, sneaking in the aching question everyone had. Anyone could see the trap laid before them. Yet Bakugou took the bait.

"In the future, she could be introduced to you as my significant other," he confirmed.

Given the situation right now, nothing could be more dire than now. Yet even then, I don't think I could fully grasp how actually bad this was. I couldn't even wait for the kind waitress to return with my food. I slammed the money on the table and booked out of the cafe. They yelled and beckoned for me to come back since I'm sure they assumed I was dining and dashing but surely they'll see the situation. I hope.

It was rush hour and catching a taxi was close to impossible, especially if they could look at me and see a foreigner. In every aspect, the cards were all going against my favor. Hell was empty because currently, I couldn't imagine anything worse than now. I had to be in it.

As I tried desperately to flag down a taxi, I looked down at my phone to see that Todoroki was offline. Fuck me, fuck me, fuck me. Goddammit. Please tell me he hasn't seen it yet. Even if he hasn't, he's bound to. Oh, everything is so fucked.

Frantically, I messaged him. It was all a misunderstanding. I was in America with my dad because of an emergency. There was no way I was dating Bakugou, he's been following me since the festival. I'm so sorry for not responding to your messages. I'm heading home tonight.

Flagging a taxi was no use, and with the heels I decided to make a run towards the hotel. The interview should be over by now. He will be in the hotel room. There, I'm going to smack the absolute fuck out of him. He's lucky I don't kill him. Then he's going to tell everyone on every social media that he has and with a recorded video saying it was a misunderstanding and it was a tasteless joke of his.

Does he not see what he has done? Did he not think that comment would hold any weight on a news channel that big? Even if it wasn't Japan, it's not as if people from our country aren't going to watch it. Better yet, our school. Holy fuck, they are going to expel me for sure. I felt weak in the knees, not from the lack of stamina, rather the sick feeling that overcame me that threatened to make me throw up then and there.

I'm going to have to be a doctor if we don't get this fixed right away. I might actually leave for America in emergency at this rate. Holy fuck. I stumbled inside the hotel lobby at last, ignoring the blistering pain from my feet from running nearly a mile back to the hotel in heels. For a moment, I thought I'd have to take a quick seat at the lobby couch and call Bakugou down but there was no need.

When my eyes met his, I froze. It took him a double take to realize it was me, but he definitely could see I was (Y/N) underneath the disguise once we locked eyes. In a black compression shirt and joggers stood before me white and red hair and multicolored eyes. And he was the least bit impressed.