does your heart beat 9

I walked through the sliding glass doors sniffing softly. I was trying to pick up a familiar scent. I breathed in deeply walking up to the second story.

I smiled when I caught the woman and mans scent. they were talking happily at a counter with a nurse. I cleared my throat and they turned around looking surprised and shocked.

"hey." I gave a little wave with a smile.

they just continued to stare like I wasn't there. I cleared my throat, "um... I was wondering if you could help me get in contact with the queen..." I asked hoping they would know. because I dont want to run all the way back.

the woman blinked first then reached out touching my face, "your real... honey... she is real." she whispered as if I was a ghost.

the man reached over touching my arm as if seeing if I was real too. I burrowed my eyebrows together, "what do you guys mean I am real. you said if I needed your help I could come back." I told them but they looked confused.

the man seems e to break from it first. his face went angry, "they erased our memories!" he growled in a low voice.

the woman gasped putting a hand over her mouth, "why did they want us to forget about her?" she asked her hubby.

James turned to me looking somewhat determined. he held my shoulders making me face him, "you said something about a queen? how do you know her?" he asked then grabbed us pulling us into a coffee room dropping his voice down, "what happened after you left here." he asked and his wife agreed looking very interested.

I sighed setting my bag down and told them what has happened over the two weeks since I got bit.

"why would you run from the queen?" Jessica asked curious. I let out a small sigh.

"I know now running was a horrible idea since my mom is try to kill me now..." I mumbled and she frowned wrapping her arms around me.

I pulled back slightly, "I was wondering if there was a way to contact the queen in hopes of going back... a life here is useless, there I am useful." I told them and I saw the woman bite her lip.

the man instantly growled, "no." he told her before she could speak.

she gave a loving look to him, "honey I know you haven't done it in ages but it would be useful. " she offered walking to him kissing his neck.

I watched slightly amazed when a black flower bloomed on his neck. he groaned letting out a deep growl; his arm shot out pulling him agaisnt his chest,"you will be punished." he let out a deep feral growl but by the excited look on her face she liked the punishment.

he slowly broke away from her and grabbed the bag I set down and wrapped an arm around my wait pulling me close.

"hurry back honey, 'she winked with a look at him and he growled in return, 'bye honey I will hopefully see you again!" she waved at me then suddenly it was like lights flashing past us in a blur I couldn't stop blinking and it was hard to breath in and out.

the lights slowed down and we stopped. I broke from his hold collapsing to my hands and knees. I chocked on air for a minute before I could breath and stand up.

I looked up at james, he just smirked handing me my back, "most people threw up or fainted... sometimes both." he mused and messed up my hair then suddenly it looked like he was fading.

"storm?" I looked up confused and was surprised to find myself surrounded by multiple guards but I knew that voice.

"queen Camilla." I dropped to my knees instantly. I dont know why I did but it felt like the right thing to do.