does your heart beat 14

"miss we are here." I looked over at chris and nodded.

'don't be worried,' he thought to me, 'I will protect you.' he reassured me but I wasn't worried about dying.

I was worried that that they would hate me since I was once human.

they expect you to react like you belong there... the queens voice echoed through my brain.

I let out a small sigh, I dont know why I came back. I could have traveled around the world free but no I came to the king at queen who so easily accepted me into their arms.

I gulped putting a smile on my face and checked my curled hair and stepped out. I slid my hand down the dress I wore. that was another thing.

in public eye I had to wear dresses and skirts. of course under them I wore stretchy shorts because it felt weird not to.

Chris stood besides me and nodded his head at me. I grimaced at his full body armor.

"when we get to our dorm could you change into something less king Arthur age?" I askes making him huff looking away from me.

I saw a few people already saw me making me bit my lip. no turning back. its not like I had a family that wanted me... I kind of do, I just have to listen to them and I can live here.

I held my head up high with a smile. I had royal vampire blood running through my veins, I should be proud. I took a small step forward then smile this will be fine.

I walked toward the school with Chris trailing behind silently. something I noticed was that I didnt hear his armor or him behind me but I just had a feeling I knew.

Chris opened the door making me thank him as I went in. the school was pretty magnificent, not as awesome as a castle but it was like a miny palace.

I walked in and eyes were on me instantly. my face twisted up a bit when I smelt a mix of multiple smells it was like walking into a perfume shop.

'smells nasty.' chris commented in our minds.

I nodded my agreement. I wasn't going to say something that will offend people. we walked silently down the hall. besides the obscene amount of perfume only our footsteps were heard.

we turned down a hall and the hallway we just came from started whispering but with my heightened senses I could hear them as if they were talking really loudly.

I sighed shaking my head, 'these five months are going to be interesting.' I muttered in our minds.

he gave a nod and we walked in silence. soon we got to the office and chris opened the door for me. I didn't like being babied. I liked the perks but to be literally treated like a princess was a bit annoying.

"princess storm!" a man called out as I walked in.

I looked at the slightly over weight balding man. I took a sniff and burrowed my eyebrows, "your not a vampire?" I spoke aloud with curiosity. what was a human doing at a vampire school?

he let out a small laugh, " well you see to keep it equalized so the higher up vampires threaten the teachers they are human as well."

my eyebrows twisted more in confusion. I knew a scent similar to his. it wasnt like they were relatives but it was like the same job.

my eyes widened and I quickly stepped back baring my teeth, "vampire hunter!" I hissed and Chris pulled me somewhat behind him and crouched with a growl.

the older man grinned brightly, "I was wondering if you would notice... but like I said, we are here to keep the school running. we are all retired and like working here." he tried to reassure me but I didn't like it one bit.