does your heart beat 10

"where could have she gone?" I heard a voice mutter far away.

I yawned stretching while sitting up. I slumped down into the chair. I looked at the book that had a bit of my drool on the page. I read like 30 pages; all I read about was the basics of becoming a vampire and what you can expect to happen.

like longer teeth, heightened senses, claws, and things like that. I folded the corner of the page and closed it. I stood up looking around. I was still in the room but how is it that I heard someone speak.

I grabbed the book walking out and closed the door very softly. I walked to where the wall was and stuck my head out then quickly stepped out and walked down the hallway.

I passed a clock and saw it was a bit after noon and I was hungry. I wandered around going down some stairs when there was jogging towards me.

I looked over my shoulder and saw a guard looking guy came running to me. he dropped to one knee with his head down.

I gave an awkward look around as he spoke, "the queen has requested that you urgently come to the thrown room." he spoke with a slight rough voice.

I cleared my throat scratching my head, "um... can you show me where it is?" I let out a small nervous laugh.

he nodded and stood up, "right this way." he motioned for me to come after him then he flashed off.

my eyes widened and I sprinted after him. i caught up to him easily and he bowl d before opening a door for me. I patted my hair down walking in.

the queen sighed relieved when she saw me.

"I thought you had run off!' she claimed putting a hand over her face looking tired, 'well I needed you to come because the elders have come to see the ritual and will be here tomorrow night and expect it to be then."

my eyes widened while my heart fluttered, "tomorrow?" I whispered biting my lip, "I thought I had two days!" my breathing became rougher and my heart sped up.

tomorrow that is all I had before I officially become the 'daughter' of the king and queen. not to mention the change! I thought I would spend tomorrow doing whatever I want then the day after tomorrow I would read the book and be the perfect little princess.

I looked at the ground clenching my hands. did I make the right choice in coming here? I could have spent my new life being a hero or super villain or I could have spent my years of being alive to find the cure to cancer!

"storm?" my head snapped up at my name and I saw the queen looking panicked but astonished at the same time

"calm down." she gently said but her eyes didnt land on me.

I followed her eyes around and saw that all of the guards within a ten to 15 foot radiu was curled up clenching their stomachs and the onea further way were swaying slightly.

I burrowed my eyebrows at them. that is how I felt. sick, panicked and like I was about to faint.

I took the queens advice and took a settling breath to calm down. almost instantly the guards raised their heads jumping up looking at me. I couldnt see their faces because of the cloth masks over their cheek bones but I had a feeling they were scared.

the queen stood off her thrown coming towards me making me step back. I didn't want her to become hurt because of me.

she continued toward me till she stood in front of me with a smile. she looked over me and reached up brushing my hair back with her long fingers.

"I knew I made the right decision when I went to you." she whispered aloud but it wasnt directed to away.

the door opened behind us and she looked over then smiled bigger.