I don't know

Thomas couldn't be happier. His girlfriend was coming to visit him. He missed her, since the day he had moved from Florida they hadn't been able to see each other.

"What time is she getting here?" His mom asked him through the phone while he walked out of the school.

"At 8:30. Her family is staying at a hotel near our house. Can you take me to the airport?"

"Sure, honey."

"Thanks." He hung up.

Thomas started to think about where he could take her to show around. He was new and didn't actually know Detroit. He decided to call Newt, who answered almost immediately.

"Hey, do you know any good restaurants? I wanted to show Teresa around."

"Oh." Newt sounded disappointed. "Yeah. MGM."

"Can you take me there? I'm still new here, you know." Thomas chuckled.

Newt hesitated before saying, "Sorry, Thomas. I can't." Newt couldn't handle being with Thomas without thinking about the kiss and the words he had whispered to him.

"Oh. Okay then." Thomas took a pause. "Maybe you could show up tomorrow at night. I'm inviting you, Minho and Alby. She wants to meet you guys."

"Thomas, I don't think it's a good idea."

"Why not?" Thomas couldn't understand it. Newt remained in silence. "Please, Newt."

"I don't know, Tommy..."

"Please."

"I'll... I'll think about it. I gotta go now. Bye." Newt hung up before Thomas could think of a word to say. He sighed and sat on the floor, resting his head on a wall of lockers. He obviously couldn't see Thomas' girlfriend without feeling upset, but he had to show up for him, to show to everyone that he was okay.

Alby appeared on the hallway and walked towards Newt. "So, how was it? Did he yell?"

"What?" Asked Newt, dirty thoughts coming across his mind.

"Thomas! Did you tell him?"

"Oh. Well, about that..."

"Newt!"

"What? I couldn't tell him, okay? I was going to tell him everything, but then he told me his girlfriend was coming."

"Great."

"I'm sorry, Alby, but I just couldn't!"

"Or maybe you don't want to."

"What do you mean?"