Drunk in love

"The tough thing about following your heart is what people forget to mention, that sometimes your heart takes you places you shouldn't be, places that are as scary as they are exciting and as dangerous as they are alluring, and sometimes your heart takes you to places that can never lead to a happy ending."

- thelovewhisperer(tumblr)

Newt's mother was cleaning the corridor on a sunny Sunday. When She passed through Newt's door, she sighed and chuckled.

She knocked on the door. No answer. She decided to open the door to wake him up. "Newt, it's eleven AM and you're still slee-" The woman got in the room just to face a shirtless Newt in bed with another boy. Thomas, she assumed. The boy had his leg between Newt's. Their hands were next to each other, as if they were about to touch. She then realized what was going on. "Oh, I'm sorry!" His mom closed the door abruptly, which made the boys wake up.

"Mom, it's not what you're thin... king." Newt said right after she had closed the door. He looked at Thomas and they both burst out laughing.

"Great. Now your mom thinks we have a thing." Thomas said, but he was smiling.

"Yeah. Can you imagine that?" Newt continued to joke to pretend he wasn't hurt by Thomas' words.

"We would be a hell of a cute couple, though." Thomas looked at him like he was serious, but then started to laugh.

Newt got out of bed and dressed a gray shirt while Thomas laid his head on the pillows and stared at the ceiling, thinking about everything.

"You okay, Tommy?"

"Yeah, I feel much better. I think I'm going to go back to school tomorrow. My mom probably wouldn't let me skip another day anyway."

Newt sat on his own bed next to Thomas. Their bodies were so close that it was almost frustrating. "Hey, it's going to be alright. I'll be there for you the whole time." Newt put his hand on Thomas' shoulder as if he was trying to show his support. The touch sent shivers through Thomas' body, like Newt's hands contained some powerful magic that could cure unicorns. Newt stared into his eyes and saw his whole world, but Thomas was looking at him in a friendly way, he couldn't see what Newt saw, and that hurt him deeply.

The door suddenly opened, Thomas and Newt jumped away from each other just to face Minho and Alby.

"Your mom told me you two were fucking each other." The asian boy smiled. "Nice."

"Oh, shut up, Minho." Newt said blushing. Fortunately, only Alby noticed.

"We could have a ship name." Thomas joked. "Nomas."

"Nomas? For fucks sake, that ship name sounds like shit." Minho then suggested, "What about Newtmas?"

Alby clapped, approving the idea. Newt glared at him and, before he could say anything, Thomas grabbed him with his arms and started to carry him around the room.

"I declare us an official couple." Thomas' hands on his body made Newt's heart tingle. He could feel Thomas' familiar smell as the boy rubbed the face on his chest.

"We should go out to celebrate!" Minho suggested. "My parents are home but I know just the perfect place."

Thomas dropped Newt's body carefully. "I don't know..." He didn't seem to like the idea. "I don't feel like partying, today. I guess I'll just spend the day with my girlfriend."

Minho rolled his eyes while Newt's heart stopped. Alby just groaned in disappointment.

"Maybe we could go out on Friday?" Alby tried to convince him. "It will only be the four of us and no blowjobs, I promise. Like a guys night out, you know? C'mon, Thomas, we just want to cheer you up."