41

Our story

Please read the author's note at the end of the chapter.

Dylan's POV

Time tried to stop at that moment. To slow down the movements, quiet the noises, make it all calm and peaceful. Somewhere else in the world the raindrops stopped in the air, even the waves of the rivers seemed to delay.

Time desperately tried to slow down for my friend. Even the universe didn't know what would happen if a second passed.

But the world turns no matter what.

Thomas was laying there on the cold marble that was painted crimson red.

I dropped to my knees next to him, looked at his trembling figure with tears in my eyes. Lucy was on the other side of him shocked to the bones, because we never expected something like this to happen.

We've never thought this ball of sunshine would ever get hurt.

I looked around frantically, but like the world wasn't collapsing, the war was still going on. I don't even know how did we manage to not get killed as the bullets were flying around us constantly.

I took his face in my hands, I wanted to make his pained expression go away.

"We have to take you somewhere safe, and then get you to the hospital, okay?" I shouted through the chaos, but tried to be gentle and smooth with my voice.

I didn't wait for a response, we didn't have time, so I glanced at Lucy who knew immediately what to do, we helped him up to his feet by his arms from the two sides. He could barely stand, all of his body weight was on us, but we started to hurry down the hallway, my room wasn't too far.

"Fuck, they never told me it's this painful." He whined. I couldn't help, but chuckle at his childish behavior.

We finally reached my room where I was previously hiding Lucy. We laid our friend down on my bed slowly, not caring that it'll be soaked in blood.

I looked down at his chest to inspect where he was shot. Luckily it was on his lower chest so maybe his lungs weren't damaged, but I knew I'll have to find him a doctor as soon as possible.

"Listen, Lucy will stay here with you, while I go and bring you a doctor." I wanted to straighten up and go, but he grabbed the hem of my shirt and pulled me back.

"I-I don't know-"

I didn't let him finish his sentence. "No, no, you're doing fine buddy, I promise you'll be okay. I won't lose you too." My voice almost broke, but I didn't want to show any sign of fear or worry.

He didn't look as convinced, but nodded nonetheless and let me go.

I looked at Lucy who was already hovering over Thomas with some clean towels in her hands and started to put pressure on his wound using all of her body weight.

I quickly kissed her on her forehead. "I'll be back in a minute." And I didn't waste a second running out of the room, shutting the door behind myself. The lock was ruined, but this was still the safest place that was close enough, we couldn't move Thomas' body too much.